Q. Can you please let me know the treatment for thrombosed hemorrhoid?

Dr. Arvind Guru

I am a male, and from the past two days, I have pain and itching around the anus. The doctor checked and told that it is a thrombosed hemorrhoid. Can you please let me know the treatment for this? Can it be solved by using conservative methods or do I need any surgery? Thanks in advance. Regards.

#

It would be best if you can upload the pictures of the problem before I can comment and recommend anything definitive and specific to you. If I assume that your doctor rightly diagnosed the problem as a thrombosed hemorrhoid, then I suggest you try doing the following:

1. Conservative methods including sitz bath that is, sitting in warm water till pain and swelling subside, then it decreases in size and forms a skin tag. Skin tags can be left as such or removed later on if they are bothersome.
  2. Surgery can be required if it is very badly prolapsed and gangrenous, which can be assessed only by the examining it. So grossly speaking, if it is bearable, surgery might not be required urgently.

Hope that information helps you to decide the best option for yourself.

Revert with more information to a general surgeon online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

|