Spicy Food

Why is bilirubin level 1.4 for three months?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, I started feeling feverish, but thermometer readings were normal. I went to a doctor and he ran a series of tests. Everything came out fine, except mild hepatomegaly and elevated conjugated bilirubin. My bilirubin is elevated consistently for the past three months (tota...  Read Full »

Dr. Bindiya Thakkar

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your laboratory reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity). All values are excellent, except total bilirubin which is at upper normal level which could be due to fatty liver. I would suggest you to avoid fatty and spicy foods as well ...  Read Full »

I have something stuck in my throat. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have acidity and I feel like something is stuck in my throat and have inflammation.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have severe pharyngitis (inflammation of the throat). It is highly possible due to the reflux of acid from the stomach. You need to take some precautions: Avoid food items like spicy foods, excess coffee, fried foods, etc. Avoid eating to a full stomach,...  Read Full »

Why do I have diarrhea after eating spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I ate lots of green chili pakoras with green chutney. I am not really used to such pakoras but, I ended up eating them anyway. From the next day, I started feeling a burning sensation inside the stomach and, then started the loose motions. I have been to the loo nea...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of indigestion and acute gastritis, which causes a constant discomfort or a burning sensation in your stomach. The duration of diarrhea can vary. Once the underlying cause is tre...  Read Full »

Can spicy food cause hemorrhoids?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I am 5 feet and 9 inches tall and weigh 255 pounds. When I eat spicy food, I poop blood. Sometimes when I have constipation as well, I poop a little bit of blood. I am really scared that I have colon cancer. I do have diarrhea often. I do not have a family hist...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your information and test reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So, in view of that, there are a couple of things that I can opine upon: I want to clarify if your body weight is in kg or pounds. Your accompanying information stat...  Read Full »

I have burning sensation after passing stools. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Since last few days whenever I eat any spicy food or chicken, after passing stools, I am feeling a bit of burning sensation for five minutes. After that, it goes away. That too in a week I feel 1 to 2 times. Surrounding the anus also while washing sometimes I am feeling a burning sens...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Intake of spicy food may cause burning sensation and irritation of anal mucosa which may lead to a burning pain during defecation. It is due to the spiciness of the food. You may try yogurt, cucumber, tender coconut water, probiotic capsules, buttermilk. Use tablet N...  Read Full »

Can IBS cause lower abdomen pain and alarming weight loss?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 years old. My problem is whenever I press my lower abdomen especially right lower part I feel some watery sound. When I wake up in the morning I feel pain in my lower abdomen. Also, my weight is decreasing at an alarming rate. Last year it was 68 kg and now it is only 52 kg. I ha...  Read Full »

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your symptoms, I will also go with the diagnosis of IBS. But, my line of treatment will be based on ayurveda diagnosis. In your case, it is Vata Koshta - your digestive system afflicted by vata (increase in the gas in the intestines). Treatment for IBS will ...  Read Full »

I have red rashes on face that increases on eating spicy food. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have red rashes on the face for the past six months but its intensity changes frequently. Whenever I eat spicy or hot, go in the sun, its intensity increases otherwise redness decreases a bit. It itches sometimes, the skin is rough there. A year back, I went to the dermatologist and...  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your problem. But you did not mention for how long did you apply HH Sone cream. All your symptoms match with rosacea. However, it can also be steroid induced skin atrophy if you have used the cream for a longer time. Kindly get back to me with details. T...  Read Full »

Why do I get facial flushing while eating food?

Query: Hi doctor, Why sometimes when I eat, my face goes red and I get really bad facial flushing that sometimes lasts for hours? I have had thyroid, FBC, B12, glucose, liver, kidneys, all bloods and all are normal. I am only 26 years old and male. This happens a lot. I do not have any allergies (that I k...  Read Full »

Dr. Rabia

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In some individuals, flushing can occur after eating certain foods and even certain drugs. The foods associated with flushing are spicy foods like chilly, pepper, caffeine and alcohol, in vegetable, spinach, lemon, and tomatoes can cause it. Similarly, fish can also cau...  Read Full »

Medicine for Loose Motion

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from loose motion since today morning. Can you suggest a medicine?  Read Full »

Dr. Rashi Verma

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Loose motion usually spontaneously subsides within a day or two. Usually people who travel more frequetly will get affected easily and hence it is adviced for them to take ORS with them. Let's have ORS (oral rehydration salt) solution, and take a few sips for every fe...  Read Full »

I am 14 weeks pregnant, and I suffer from severe acid reflux. Should I consult a gastroenterologist?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 14 weeks pregnant, and I suffer from continuous severe acid reflux, from the past 7 to 8 weeks. I consulted my gynecologist, but she did not give any medicine. Antacids are not effective at all, and I have a feeling of food stuck in my throat and chest. It is very unpleasant and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rosita Alizadeh Shalchi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am sorry that you have severe discomfort. You know that acid reflux and nausea are common in pregnancy. Sometimes, small and frequent meals can be tolerated. I suggest you try taking a ginger-based candy 15 minutes before you get out of bed. It is better not to drin...  Read Full »