Spicy Food

Please suggest food habits to sleep well.

Query: Hi doctor, I work from 3 PM to 1 AM and cannot sleep once I am back. My food habits are also messed up. As I cannot sleep properly, I get up late. Hence, I am missing my breakfast and having heavy brunch. Some days, I even miss lunch and have dinner around 7 PM. I have also started putting weight un...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is not just because of your food habits that your sleep-wake cycle is disturbed. Your whole work schedule is rather disturbing your sleep. You need to regularize your activities and follow sleep hygiene along with your circadian rhythm. Regarding your food cycle, fi...  Read Full »

What is Troxipide used for?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 23 year old male. I am working as a software professional. I recently had some discomfort with digestion. I had severe bloating, gas formation and a frequent sensation of motions. I went to a gastroenterologist and he made an endoscopy and endoscopic biopsy. The biopsy result is yet...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As your doctor said, there is nothing serious. This is a type of gastritis, which has involved almost all areas of the stomach and some part beyond that. Yes, it is due to some bacterial infection, Helicobacter pylori. For this, you need a specific antibiotic for 14 days....  Read Full »

What do the symptoms like heartburn, increased thirst and pain in upper stomach suggest?

Query: Hello doctor, I had pain and irritation and also heartburn while eating (spicy foods I guess) for the past three days. Today morning, I had severe hunger and more thirsty feel. After I drink plenty of water now I am feeling fine. But still while eating I am feeling some pain on the upper stomach or...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh Pandey

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms which you have described are suggestive of too many problems related to the gastrointestinal system. To come to any specific diagnosis, I will need a few more details. Do you have these symptoms only while eating? Is it relieved after eating? What is your ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of breathing difficulty that increases on spicy foods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am having breathing difficulty for the past four weeks. I went to a respiratory specialist, after doing blood and urine test, and the doctor told me everything shows normal, but due to consuming too much coffee you have too much acid in your body, that is the reason for the breathi...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Where is the breathing issue? Is it in the lower airways like in the chest or upper airway like in the throat? Is there any blocked feeling or lump sensation in the throat that you are mistaking as breathing trouble? Is there sneezing, runny nose or post nasal drip?  Read Full »

Is my tongue itchy because of using tongue cleaner?

Query: Hello doctor, I have an itchy tongue. I can describe the itching like putting a needle on right and left corners of the tongue. I am using steel tongue cleaner for the last 15 years and I have stopped now. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you a diabetic person? Has the tongue problem reduced after you stopped using the tongue cleaner? Revert back with the asked details to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist  Read Full »

I take 6-7 liters of water after taking non-veg foods to avoid pimples. Is it harmful?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I have pimples problem. If I do not take non-vegetarian and fast foods my pimples disappear but if I take egg or chicken or meat it comes out again. And most important is that if I avoid nonvegetarian foods but if I do not drink six to seven liters of water even pi...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pimple problem or acne is a very common issue for young men of your age. It affects morale and creates constant anxiety in the minds. The solution to this problem requires one adheres strictly to certain diet regimens and take abundant care of their skin. Drinki...  Read Full »

What causes nausea, burping, and cramps in the upper groin area?

Query: Hello doctor, I had nausea a year and a half ago. At that time, I could not eat and was given IV therapy along with antacid. Immediately felt better and I left the ER. I had a colonoscopy about a year ago and it was fine. Doctor did not do any other test and said I had gastritis from alcohol. He ga...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

What causes persistent indigestion and vomiting?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having indigestion and vomiting since one month. It is not frequent, but twice or thrice in a week. When I am having my dinner after eating half of the meals I feel some air in my stomach and suddenly vomit everything. I am having this issue in the morning too. When I wake up, I fee...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

Why is bilirubin level 1.4 for three months?

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, I started feeling feverish, but thermometer readings were normal. I went to a doctor and he ran a series of tests. Everything came out fine, except mild hepatomegaly and elevated conjugated bilirubin. My bilirubin is elevated consistently for the past three months (tota...  Read Full »

Dr. Bindiya Thakkar

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your laboratory reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity). All values are excellent, except total bilirubin which is at upper normal level which could be due to fatty liver. I would suggest you to avoid fatty and spicy foods as well ...  Read Full »

I have something stuck in my throat. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have acidity and I feel like something is stuck in my throat and have inflammation.  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif M

General Surgeon, Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have severe pharyngitis (inflammation of the throat). It is highly possible due to the reflux of acid from the stomach. You need to take some precautions: Avoid food items like spicy foods, excess coffee, fried foods, etc. Avoid eating to a full stomach,...  Read Full »