Q. I have itching and burning sensation in the throat for the past two days. Please help.

Dr. Shaiza Hashmi

I have been experiencing some itching and burning sensation below the throat for the past two days. Please help.

Dr. Shaiza Hashmi

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

All throat conditions are not COVID-19. Sore throat can also occur in conditions like flu, cold, tonsilitis, COVID-19, etc. Kindly give complete history.

Do you have any COVID-19 contact history? Is there any travel history by any close relatives, friends or by yourself? Do you have fever or cough? If yes, whether it is a dry cough or cough with sputum? Do you have muscle aches or fatigue?

Kindly give me answers to the above-mentioned questions.

Precautions:

1. Use gloves and masks.

2. Avoid any gatherings.

3. Isolate yourself until you get sure to not have COVID-19.

4. Keep your utensils separate from others.

5. Use sanitizer and hand washing frequently.

6. Keep yourself away from old ones, children, or any health compromise patient.

| 

I have been staying at home for the past one month. I do not have fever, cough, muscle ache, or fatigue. But I feel irritation below the neck part while talking and laughing.

Dr. Shaiza Hashmi

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

If you do not have travel or contact history, then it may be due to allergy for which you can take tablet Softin (Loratidine) one tablet at night. But still do precautions strictly to save yourself and to save others. Take this medicine for three days and follow up. If you feel a decrease in symptoms, then follow up after 15 days. Kindly do gargles also with any antiseptic in lukewarm water and take tablet Softin 10 mg.

| 

After using the suggested medicine, my symptoms reduced, and feeling much better now.

Dr. Shaiza Hashmi

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

That is good. Keep your willpower strong, you will soon get relieved.

|