C-reactive Protein

What medicine should I give for my kid to control diarrhea?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6 years old, and her weight is 22 kg. She has a fever. Since morning it was 103, and after taking Crocin DSR, it came down to 99 and again went up to 102.5. She has been passing stool almost five times since morning, and now at night, she has diarrhea. We just gave her...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your description, this may be a symptom of COVID-19. Some patients with COVID-19 get fever with vomiting and loose motions. It would be advisable to do the COVID-19 test for the child if fever does not settle in a day or two. until then, please do the followin...  Read Full »

Are PFT tests reliable?

Query: Hi doctor, I have attached my PFT report and blood reports here for your reference. I would like to get a detailed analysis of my report. Kindly explain.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your attached reports in detail (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Serum uric acid is on a borderline level. It can increase due to alcohol, soda-based cold drinks, non-vegetarian food, especially meat and fish. You have to avoid these ...  Read Full »

How to cure my skin rashes?

Query: Hi doctor, I have rashes similar to the rash of SLE, swollen, painful and redness around the eyes, severe fatigue and muscle weakness. These symptoms occurred a few months back after I had an intestinal infection. The doctors suspected it to be dermatolysis too, thus having a skin biopsy done tomorr...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reports suggest that you are probably having an autoimmune disease. For an exact diagnosis, ANA (antinuclear antibody) global or ANA profile test report and skin or muscle biopsy would be required to avoid any controversies in the future. I also need to know the follo...  Read Full »

What causes painless swelling in the feet?

Query: Hi doctor, A couple of months ago, my mother had fever. She had medicines, which was prescribed by her doctor. After three days of fever, she developed rashes and was hospitalized. Then, her rashes started disappearing, but she has some burning sensation on the soles of her feet. Right now, she has ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern about your mother's health. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and found that her ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) and CRP (C-reactive protein) are high. As her ESR and CRP are high, it indic...  Read Full »

What can cause sudden multiple joint pain in the morning?

Query: About 2 days ago I started to notice some slight pain in a couple different joints. Then upon waking up yesterday morning my jount pain was awful . Finally I woke up this morning in severe Pain to where I was screaming and crying . I do not have any arthritis nor has this ever happen to me . What co...  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Dear, Sending You and healing energy! Dear I check your city you live in is warm not cold.If you were living in very cold and had this problem then I would have think about some disease which affect joint in cold session. Since you said you had short history of joint pain it is be raise in level of...  Read Full »

What can cause swelling of the feet?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from feet swelling for the past four years. We met nearly seven to eight doctors for this issue, but she did not get any relief. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Four years is a long time to have swelling of the feet. But, since you have met so many doctors and have taken so many treatments. I suggest you to kindly send me some more data regarding your investigations, x-rays and any other investigation you have done. Also, send m...  Read Full »

What causes high WBC count in a child?

Query: Hi doctor, My 4 year son is ill for past two weeks. Initially it was diagnosed as viral infection due to season change. He was given fever and cold medicine (Asthaline). Fever was mostly between 100-101 degree F.  He had occasional cough may be five times a day. He had the medicine for 5 days but t...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your child has definitely got bacterial infection. From your attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) the reasons are as follows. His initial CRP (C-reactive protein) was 17.3 which has came down to 10.3. CRP is an acute phase reactant which indic...  Read Full »

Can my 3 year old son lead a normal life after sepsis?

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old son was diagnosed with sepsis with SIRS, three days back. But, now his WBC and C-reactive protein are within limits. Will he have sepsis again? He frequently gets wheezing and allergic cough. He is currently taking Amclav.  Read Full »

Dr. Payas Joshi

Child Health Specialist, General Practitioner, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sepsis means infection in the blood. If the investigations like CBC (complete blood count), urine culture, blood culture, CRP (C-reactive protein) are normal, it means that the child has been treated for this infection. Usually, this happens because of infecti...  Read Full »

Is my lower abdominal pain pointing towards Crohn's disease?

Query: Hi doctor, I had severe abdominal pain with diarrhea a month back. The next day pain subsided, but slight discomfort was there for two weeks. Then, I went to see the doctor who prescribed Flagyl and Rifamixin. The lower abdominal discomfort did not disappear and the stool has not formed yet. Then r...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and post, the thing which is favoring Crohn's disease is normal biopsy colonoscopy. You need to do ASCA (anti-saccharomyces cerevisiae antibodies) and a CT enterography. Your CRP (C-reactive ...  Read Full »

Does recurrent high fever cause any serious issue in old people?

Query: Hi doctor, My father suffered from high fever over last week and he was alright. But today again he is feeling a mild rise in his temperature. Is this anything serious?  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to assure you that do not worry as everything is going to be fine soon. I have thoroughly gone through your case and can well understand your genuine concerns.  Read Full »