Q. Will high platelet count cause a blood clot or stroke?

Answered by Dr. Parth R Goswami and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on High Platelet Count or Stroke? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: Will high platelet count cause a blood clot or stroke?

Hello doctor,

My mother has high WBC count of 15,000, platelet count of 5,40,000, and hemoglobin at 11.2. Her ESR is 86, and CRP is also similar. She has a fever, which rises in the evening to 101. Can you please tell me what this denotes? Also, will the high platelet count cause a danger for a blood clot or stroke? Currently, she is taking Mesacol 800 mg, VSL#3, Amodep-AT for blood pressure, and Thyronorm for thyroid.