Q. Is my lower abdominal pain pointing towards Crohn's disease?

I had severe abdominal pain with diarrhea a month back. The next day pain subsided, but slight discomfort was there for two weeks. Then, I went to see the doctor who prescribed Flagyl and Rifamixin. The lower abdominal discomfort did not disappear and the stool has not formed yet. Then recently, last week I had more investigations and as per investigations, the doctor says that I have Crohn's disease. Is it really Crohn's or could be something else?

#

I went through your report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and post, the thing which is favoring Crohn's disease is normal biopsy colonoscopy. You need to do ASCA (anti-saccharomyces cerevisiae antibodies) and a CT enterography. Your CRP (C-reactive protein) and calciprotein are high. So, Crohn's is a strong possibility which will be confirmed by CT enterography and antibody test.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Cancer is not suspected, right?

#

It is not cancer, that I can assure you.

Thank you for the reply.

#

You are welcome.

|