Q. Kindly comment on my general blood test.

Dr. Rishu
Published on Jan 11, 2017

I recently took a general blood test. I request you to go through my blood test report and give me suggestions. Especially, I would like to mention about high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) using nephelometry mg/L, where the reference range is 4.69. Any of your proposals will be appreciated.

Dr. Rishu

Cardiology
#

I have gone through all your reports in details (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Most of the work up is perfectly normal, except a few borderline elevations in LFT (liver function tests), which are not significant.
  • You CRP is very high. CRP is a marker present in blood, which predicts the chances of myocardial infarction in future and grossly deranged CRP predicts that you are at high cardiac risk genetically. Hence, every possible prophylaxis should be taken.
  • Though there is no particular medicine which decreases the level of CRP in blood as they are genetically determined, I suggest you antioxidant capsule daily with breakfast. Antioxidants scavenge the free radicals present in blood and protect formation of plaque.
  • I also suggest tablet Supradyn (Multivitamin) once daily should be taken. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.
  • Apart from that, you have not mentioned your smoking habits, drinking habits, history of early cardiac events in the family, were these tests suggested due to some problem, your blood pressure and diabetes status, your anxiety levels and any previous history of long-term medical treatment.
  • After a detailed history, consideration can be made to start you on Baby Aspirin 75mg once daily to prevent myocardial infarction in the future and a slight dose of statins Atorvastatin 5 mg can be considered.
  • Till then, continue antioxidant daily, exercise daily for 45 minutes, try to eat lots of vegetables and fruits and 30 g of fibres to be taken daily.

Revert with details to a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

| 

What could be the reason for right-sided anterior pelvic tilt?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is suffering from an anterior pelvic tilt in the right. He is a bodybuilder and currently not able to do workouts since he has pain and numbness in both upper and lower sides of the body in the right region. He also has muscle imbalance because of that. We have consulted se...  Read Full »

Nutraceuticals: The Need of the Day

Article Overview: This article aims to familiarize patients with the importance of taking antioxidants (commonly known as vitamins and minerals) in their day to day life and preventing many lifestyle diseases. Read Article

Dr. Jayvirsinh Indrasinh Chauhan
Preventive Medicine Physician

Being a homeopathic doctor, there are very few methods of treatment that attract my attention, speaking of it, after going through some of them thoroughly, in my capacity. What attracted my attention recently is the study of theories of free radicals and antioxidants. The whole purpose of writing th...  Read Article

My husband had Losar Beta H twice by mistake. Will it cause any side effect?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband used to have Losar Beta H for his BP in the morning and Storvas 10 mg at night. But, mistakenly, he had Losar Beta H again at night. Will it cause any side effect? Should he have Storvas now?  Read Full »