Q. What can be done to look healthy like earlier after C-section?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

I had two children with cesarian delivery at two years difference. In both cases, l had not got my earlier physique and stomach, as well as the navel, is in its previous place. So please help me in getting my physical touch as soon as possible. Is there any problem?

#

Pregnancy causes havoc changes in a woman's body due to loads of hormones flowing in the blood for long nine months. With an increasing girth of your bump, your abdominal skin and underlying muscles too get stretched and weakened, often leading to diastasis recti, which is not observed at first. Now once the pregnancy is over, those weakened and overstretched muscles are noticed as a lax abdomen and saggy belly. During pregnancy itself, we need to do work on our posture alignment, and some regular exercises (walking, swimming, yoga, belly breathing, squatting, abdominal bracing) to keep the core muscles strengthened. Physiotherapists can give the best idea. The same exercises need to be continued, immediately after delivery too to help regain the abdominal muscle tone. In your case, though it is not late, you can meet an experienced trainer, who can guide you to regain your inner core strength and tone. Otherwise, abdominoplasty or tummy tuck is a surgical method to get the things right.

|