Swimming

Can you go swimming with poison ivy rashes?

Query: Hello doctor, I have poison ivy rashes on various parts of my body with no open blisters. Can I go swimming in a creek? Thank you.  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query, and I understand your concern. No, please do not go in this condition for swimming otherwise, it will spread to others. Poison oak and poison sumac are plants that can cause an itchy rash upon contact. A substance called urushiol, found in these ...  Read Full »

What does 95th percentile mean for a 9-year-old boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My son is 9 years old. He is 4 feet and 11 inches and weighs about 107 lbs. I checked his BMI, it said he was obese in the 95th percentile. He is active. Should I worry about his weight? And if so, how can I help him with it?  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash Nagar

Paediatrician, Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your son has good height and for the same reason, his weight is not worrisome. But definitely he is on 95th centile for his height as well as for his age. Also, his BMI (body mass index) is 22.4 which puts him in the category of obese. Let him have a lot of outdoor a...  Read Full »

Can a person with sea food allergy swim in ocean?

Query: Hello doctor, If a person is allergic to seafood, can they swim in the ocean? This person cannot touch seafood or have sea-salt either.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V Nair

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If a person is allergic to sea food and sea salt both, he should ideally avoid swimming in the ocean so as to avoid getting an attack of anaphylaxis (lethal allergic reaction) while under water. In my years of practice I have never come across any person with allergy to...  Read Full »

How can I get back to my old physique after C-section?

Query: Hello doctor, I had two children with cesarian delivery at two years difference. In both cases, l had not got my earlier physique and stomach, as well as the navel, is in its previous place. So please help me in getting my physical touch as soon as possible. Is there any problem?  Read Full »

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pregnancy causes havoc changes in a woman's body due to loads of hormones flowing in the blood for long nine months. With an increasing girth of your bump, your abdominal skin and underlying muscles too get stretched and weakened, often leading to diastasis recti, which...  Read Full »

I am 15 weeks pregnant. Can I do swimming?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 15 weeks pregnant. Is it right to go swimming in a pool now?  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you know swimming before pregnancy, then you can do it in pregnancy also. Have few precautionary steps. If you do not have a risk of threatened miscarriage, low lying placenta or other complications, then there is a need to avoid overexertion in pregnancy when you go...  Read Full »

Is it fine to practice swimming after my night shift?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 28 year old female. I am a nurse and frequently works in night shifts. I am trying hard to include sports in my life. I usually swim, and I need to work harder to swim to lose the extra weight. I gained weight because of my sedentary lifestyle. Will it be fine to swim after 12 hours...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In fact, swimming is the best exercise for you. I always advise my patients to engage in swimming especially after undergoing stressful hours of work as it helps the body to relax. It is fine to swim after your night shift. I will only advise you to get enough sleep af...  Read Full »

I lack confidence in myself and cannot talk to new people. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I lack confidence when I am alone. I am always confident when it comes to the public. I really get busted and also I do not know why. I cannot talk to new people or crossgender with an initiative. I even do not know why I always feel lonely like I know I do not have people to talk eve...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to develop confidence in yourself. Do daily exercises for 30 to 40 minutes. Do meditation for 20 minutes. Read good books. Take good deep sleep. Start talking with your own self. Stand in front of the mirror and make eye contact with yourself and...  Read Full »

I am a swimmer and my rashes just got better with a steroid cream. Can I hit the pool?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been using Betamethasone valerate (0.12 %) for three weeks (with occlusion) on my left and right knee to treat an allergic contact dermatitis.Now that the rash is gone, I was advised to stop applying the topical cortisone. My question is, since I am a professional swimmer, is i...  Read Full »

Dr. Shanza Ikram

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your case. If your previous skin lesions are healed now, then you definitely need to stop steroid. Regarding an infection, particularly tinea, it develops with steroid and moist skin. Just wait for two to three days and then you can go to the pool....  Read Full »

Even after consuming fewer calories and exercising, I am not losing weight. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a female, who weighs 155 lbs, and I am 5.7 feet tall. I cut off the muscle weight because I have a lot of muscle, including the muscle, my weight is 160 lbs. I have been trying to lose weight for the past two months, but nothing has seemed to work. I go to the gym almost every day, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Losing weight sometimes is tricky, especially, if you are trying to body sculpt. How long are you on the treadmill and elliptical? How many calories are you burning? Are you found of core strengthening exercises, abdominal crunches, massage, etc.? Someti...  Read Full »

I swallowed a lot of water at the swimming pool and now feel sick. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday, I was swimming in a pool that had salt water in it. I went underwater and accidentally swallowed the salt water. It burned my nose and my throat. I woke up today dizzy and my throat kills and my nose still does. I keep coughing up mucus. I also keep sneezing. What should I d...  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hello,Welcome in icliniq.com.I understand your concern. You are likely to have an acute upper respiratory tract infection, and associated labyrinthitis as you have vertigo. Now, you are advised to take: Tablet Paracetamol. Tablet Betahistine 16 mg thrice daily. Steam inhalation. Antihist...  Read Full »

Starting @ just €19.99