Q. White patches seen on cheeks of 9 month old boy. What could it be due to?

Dr. Rajesh Gulati
Published on Oct 08, 2013 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

White patches are found on the cheeks of 9 months old baby boy. And also, there are some white patches near the eyes. What is that?

Dr. Rajesh Gulati

Geriatrics Medical Oncology
#

It is very common in children. It is due to calcium deficiency.

I suggest giving a calcium supplement like Calcium Sandoz tablet to the child. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicine with their consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

When I start walking, the portion below the knee is numb. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old. From the last one month, I have problems with my legs, especially my left leg, when I get out of my bed or chair and start walking, the portion below the knee is sleeping (numb), sometimes it happens in the right leg as well, but most of the time in my left leg. I w...  Read Full »

Kindly explain the reports of tests taken for fever, cold, and weakness.

Query: Hello doctor, I just got my full body checkup report. Please review, analyze and suggest.  Read Full »

I am suffering from extreme muscle weakness.What may be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 25 years. My height is 5'10" and I weight 78 kg. I am suffering from muscle twitches and extreme muscle weakness and muscle pain from last one month. I went to a neurologist and he says reflexes are normal and asked me not to worry and he put me on tablet Remylin-D. I am curr...  Read Full »