Q. White patches seen on cheeks of 9 month old boy. What could it be due to?

Dr. Rajesh Gulati
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 08, 2013 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

White patches are found on the cheeks of 9 months old baby boy. And also, there are some white patches near the eyes. What is that?

#

It is very common in children. It is due to calcium deficiency.

I suggest giving a calcium supplement like Calcium Sandoz tablet to the child. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicine with their consent.

For further information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|