Q. What does the reports of tests taken for fever, cold, and weakness explain?

Published on Oct 20, 2018

I just got my full body checkup report. Please review, analyze and suggest.

Hematology Pathology
#

Your attached report shows the following positive finding means notable finding (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Calcium deficiency, vitamin D deficiency, low transferrin saturation, and iron level, CRP positive, and abnormal thyroid report. Kindly mention your any significant clinical complaint if present to guide you further.

For vitamin D deficiency, you can be prescribed 60000 IU Cholecalciferol containing sachet with milk once a week for eight weeks. Calcium tablet also can be prescribed along with. No need to worry now for low transferrin saturation and iron level as your hemoglobin is within range. Your CRP is positive, so inflammation might be present which can lead to a false result in thyroid report. You need to repeat your thyroid profile report after a few days in another laboratory. If still, thyroid reports come abnormally, then we will think further.

Recently, after shifting to a new city, I have been sick from fever, flu, common cold, and body weakness frequently. In the past few days, mosquitoes have also bitten me quite a few times and for four days or so, have been experiencing fatigue, drowsiness, feverish and loss of appetite.

Hematology Pathology
#

You are having viral influenza infection most probably according to the history provided. No specific treatment is given for it. Symptomatic management is done for that. For example, for fever, Paracetamol SOS can be prescribed. The Multivitamin tablet also can be prescribed. For congestion relief, Levocetirizine can be prescribed. And for vitamin D deficiency and calcium deficiency, I have already mentioned prescription in my previous answer.

As you have repeated infection of flu, it is advisable to investigate with allergic testing to find causative allergen. Your thyroid report is abnormal due to associated flu. Infection can give a false result. So after your flu subside repeat thyroid profile in a few days. It is advisable to consult physician once for examination.

Does vitamin deficiency cause twitching and tingling?

Query: Hi doctor, Before a week, I began having twitches and tingling in both legs from the knee down. For some time now, probably 6 months or more, I also began feeling that my legs were heavy and just general weakness all over, not really muscle weakness. I am also a gastric bypass patient and have a his...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Vitamin B12 deficiency can cause subacute combined degeneration of the cord. So, the treatment is daily Vitamin B12 or Vitamin B complex supplementation for 12 weeks. Your vitamin D levels are also low. The treatment is Vitamin D capsules 60000 IU every Sunday for 12 ...  Read Full

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full >>

Dr. Rajesh Babu
Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Shivering may be because of a highfever, or because of urine infection or malaria. As of now use the below medication. Syrup Crocin DS (Paracetamol) 5 ml/240 mg, 4 ml if fever greater than 100 F every sixth hourly. Sponging with lukewarm water until the fever decreases ...  Read Full

Is there any vaccine for swine flu?

Query: Hi doctor, My baby is 1 year old. We are going to travel to our native place, and I heard that swine flu is epidemic there. So, I am very much scared about it. Kindly suggest some vaccination or a doctor who can provide a solution. How can we save our baby from this kind of disease?  Read Full >>

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim
Child Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can vaccinate the baby with the Vaxigrip (inactivated influenza) vaccine for swine flu, two weeks before the travel. Prevent the child from coming into contact with many people at a time. For further queries consult a child health specialist online --> https://icli...  Read Full

Ask a Pathologist Now