Q. What does the reports of tests taken for fever, cold, and weakness explain?

I just got my full body checkup report. Please review, analyze and suggest.

Hematology Pathology
#

Your attached report shows the following positive finding means notable finding (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Calcium deficiency, vitamin D deficiency, low transferrin saturation, and iron level, CRP positive, and abnormal thyroid report. Kindly mention your any significant clinical complaint if present to guide you further.

For vitamin D deficiency, you can be prescribed 60000 IU Cholecalciferol containing sachet with milk once a week for eight weeks. Calcium tablet also can be prescribed along with. No need to worry now for low transferrin saturation and iron level as your hemoglobin is within range. Your CRP is positive, so inflammation might be present which can lead to a false result in thyroid report. You need to repeat your thyroid profile report after a few days in another laboratory. If still, thyroid reports come abnormally, then we will think further.

| 

Recently, after shifting to a new city, I have been sick from fever, flu, common cold, and body weakness frequently. In the past few days, mosquitoes have also bitten me quite a few times and for four days or so, have been experiencing fatigue, drowsiness, feverish and loss of appetite.

Hematology Pathology
#

You are having viral influenza infection most probably according to the history provided. No specific treatment is given for it. Symptomatic management is done for that. For example, for fever, Paracetamol SOS can be prescribed. The Multivitamin tablet also can be prescribed. For congestion relief, Levocetirizine can be prescribed. And for vitamin D deficiency and calcium deficiency, I have already mentioned prescription in my previous answer.

As you have repeated infection of flu, it is advisable to investigate with allergic testing to find causative allergen. Your thyroid report is abnormal due to associated flu. Infection can give a false result. So after your flu subside repeat thyroid profile in a few days. It is advisable to consult physician once for examination.

|