Q. What is the significance of an elevated CA-19 tumor marker?

Answered by Dr. Rajesh Kumar Padhan and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Cancer Antigen or Weight Loss? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have a question regarding the significance of an elevated CA-19 tumor marker. I recently had one and that came back as 43 (per laboratory should have been under 34). I do not have cancer and I am wondering what else could cause this elevation? Please help.