Q. I applied Clotrimazole for penile yeast infection but no improvement. Why?

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

I am suffering from penile yeast infection since a week (candidal balanitis). Due to lockdown I could not see a doctor and researched online and used Clotrimazole cream IP but no betterment. Since yesterday, itching and pain has increased. Can you please help me out with this.

#

Candida infection present as a whitish membrane over the penile head with reddish mucous. It is very itchy. I hope it is diagnosed by a dermatologist only. Clotrimazole is effective in most of the time. Candida is a normal commensal in our body but in some it causes symptoms and balanitis. Aggravating factors are diabetes, moisture, and some are allergic to it.

So first thing is wash with mild soap and dry always after intercourses. If you can keep your penile foreskin retracted, good that will keep it dry. But if not possible, as it is painful if you are not used to it make sure it is dry.

Take capsule Fluconazole 150 mg once daily for seven days. One single dose for your sexual partner, tell her to keep dry especially during menses. Miconazole gel (DK gel) twice daily for seven days, tablet Fexofenadine180 mg once daily for itching. Keep dry. It will cure it.

Follow up after seven days.

Candida.

Blood sugar. GTT (glucose tolerance test).

Candida allergy.

Candida balanitis.

Antifungal.

Keep dry as far as possible.

Always send a clear image with symptoms.

|