Q. What can be done to cure candidal balanitis soon?

Answered by Dr. Ashwini V Swamy and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Candidial Balanitis or Antifungal? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I was diagnosed with balanitis about three weeks ago. I got antibiotics and was told by the doctor to keep the area clean and apply an anti-fungal cream. At first, it was super itchy and could not use anything tight. Right now I do not feel it but I can see as you see in the pictures, it is healing. It was my fault to get this so bad because at the beginning it was just red and I thought it was a simple rash because of my sensitive skin but then the rash was so bad that was burning my penis. I just want this to be over, right now. I want to be back to normal but is healing so slow that I am getting desperate. I am using Menaderm Clio, Emuaidmax, Gelmicin, and Cortisone. Not sure if this sensitive area is normal to heal slowly or maybe I am using the wrong medication. They already tested for any infection. Usually, I am very sensitive and I think because I did not pay attention to the initial redness and kept doing a lot of things without taking care developed the severe rash.