Q. Does itchy red pink rashes mean candidal balanitis?

Dr. Payal Chauhan
Published on Jun 18, 2019

I was diagnosed with candidal balanitis and wanted a second opinion. I have itchy red and pink rash. No open sores or lesions. I had this a month ago and after Diflucan for 14 days it went away but came back this weekend.

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand your concern.

1. It certainly looks like candidal balanoposthitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity), though I would appreciate a photo without flash to see the lesional morphology better.

2. Besides the fact that it can spread via sexual contact and one is advised to get their partner also treated, other precipitating factors like blood sugar should be ruled out.

Treatment remains the same as you are already taking it. Get other relevant investigations done to rule out any associated STDs. Take care.

| 

Will this help?

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

Thanks for sharing the picture. Yes it is candidal balanoposthitis, I guess, as I can see the redness over prepuce as well. Well, get yourself and your sexual partner treated at the same time to reduce the chances of recurrences. Get all relevant STD tests and also blood sugar. Take care.

| 

I have itching on the testicles and white rashes on the top end of my penis. What it could be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have itching on the left side of my testicle and also two white rashes on the top end of my penis. What are they?  Read Full »

Allergy on the head part of my penis and inner skin of my penis.

Query: Hi, I am a 26 year old male. I am having some allergy on the head part of my penis and the inner skin of my penis. Consulted a local doctor. The doctors are saying that, it is just an allergy and giving some tablets and ointments. But it is not recovering. Give me your advice.  Read Full »