Candidal Balanoposthitis

Please suggest treatment for candidal balanitis.

Query: Hi, I am suffering from balanitis since last month. I am using an antifungal cream (candid B) to avoid it. Till the time I use antifungal cream all rashes/infection disapper, but once I stop applying the cream all symptoms start again.  Sympoms are: Red skin around head of penis and itchiness aft...  Read Full »

Dr. Meha Malhotra

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you ever been diagnosed by a doctor because balanitis has several other causes as well and fungal infection is one of them. Get a fasting and post prandial blood sugar done and please send me a few details: Have you noticed any swellings in your groin area ? Do you ...  Read Full »

Which cream can be used in the treatment of balanitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old diabetic male. For the last two weeks, I am suffering from balanitis. I think this is because of my high blood sugar level. I have difficulty in pulling the foreskin of my penis as it is very tight. There are small, white and red rashes present on the glans. Because...  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. From the description that you have provided, it sounds like you have candidal balanoposthitis, which is very common in diabetic males. Please ask your sexual partner also to take the treatment even if she is asymptomatic. The...  Read Full »

Are the itchy red pink rashes due to candidal balanitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with candidal balanitis and wanted a second opinion. I have itchy red and pink rash. No open sores or lesions. I had this a month ago and after Diflucan for 14 days it went away but came back this weekend.  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. 1. It certainly looks like candidal balanoposthitis (attachment removed to protect patient identity), though I would appreciate a photo without flash to see the lesional morphology better. 2. Besides the fact that it can spread via sexual c...  Read Full »

I have irritation of foreskin and whitish discharge. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year male. Since last one month, I have been suffering from irritation of foreskin. The skin has become tight and cannot be pulled back. There has been a whitish discharge from the penis and constant irritation. I have tried using Candid B cream but there has been no improvemen...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might be suffering from candidal balanoposthitis. Please send good quality photographs of the lesion taken in a natural light for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment. Regards. For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/a...  Read Full »

What are the white itchy spots on penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have white itchy spots on my penis and on its skin inside. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern but there is no attached photograph in your message. I need to see the picture of the affected area to make appropriate diagnosis and to suggest you the appropriate treatment. Kindly send the same.  Read Full »

I have a red area that is itching on the penis head for a week. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a red area that is itching on the penis head for a week. It looks like balanitis according to the pictures I searched. I also have pain after urinating. I have tried with Nystatin cream, but I have more itching than before. I cannot go to the ER, but the quickest appointment with...  Read Full »

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Please send a picture of the affected area to help you better. I need to see to suggest the appropriate diagnosis and treatment.   Read Full »

Why am I having red spots on my uncircumcised penis?

Query: Hi doctor, I have candida balanoposthitis. I consulted a doctor, and he gave me Glospor DS 200 mg for a week with Livafin ointment. But still, I am having red spots on the penis. My penis is uncircumcised. Please provide your suggestion.  Read Full »

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please say whether you have diabetes. Please tell whether you are sexually active, with a regular partner and whether you use a condom. Please upload the appropriate images of the present condition, so that, I can guide you further.  Read Full »

I have penile infection. How much time will it take to recover?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a male, 33 years old, height is 164 cm, weight is 56 kg. I am suffering from infection (red patches and irritation) on glans and shaft of the penis since 18 to 20 days. No pain and burning sensation while urinating. When I clean the glans and shaft using soft cotton cloth, 1 or 2 d...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the clinical picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I see a large erosion on the glans (tip of the penis). I can list a few possibilities like herpes, candidal balanoposthitis, Zoon's balanitis, erythroplasia of Queyrat. Is this for two weeks ...  Read Full »

Why is balanitis not responding to T-Bact and Augmentin 625?

Query: Hello doctor,I have balanitis on the head of my penis, below the foreskin. I am applying T-Bact and taking Augmentin 625 as an oral pill. It has been four days since I have started the medication. It is not going, though itching has reduced somewhat. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Balanitis can be either bacterial, fungal, viral or non-infectious. The most common being fungal. It is difficult to say without seeing your clinical picture. Please attach your clinical picture along with your query so that it is convenient for me to comment on your c...  Read Full »

There is itching and accumulated dirt in my foreskin. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having itching and some accumulated dirt in my penis foreskin. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Shaunak Patel

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be smegma (buildup of dead skin cell between foreskin and penis). Send me clear pictures to help you out with the problem. Follow up with the pictures to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »