Q. What is this mild swelling and discoloration on my penis?

This is a premium question & answer published on Apr 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jan 18, 2020

I have discoloration on my penis. I do not have any pain. It is just a dark red and seems like peeling. It has been there since two days and there is mild swelling in that area. I have got this for the first time. Please help.

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

• Take the following medications:
  1. Tablet Apo-Fluconazole (AF) 150, one tablet daily for 10 days.
  2. Apply Candid B lotion (Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone dipropionate) twice daily.

Revert back after ten days to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

I got Diflucan 150 as AF 150 was not available. I suppose both should be similar, but pharmacist said 1 dose 150 should be adequate. I just want to ensure do I need to take this tablet daily for 10 days? Are there a lot of side effects from this drug if taken for long? Thank you.

#

• No, one dose is not sufficient. Yes, Diflucan 150 (Fluconazole) is the same.
  • It is considered as one of the safest antifungal and can be even given in children.
  • For candidiasis, recommended regimen is for 7 to 10 days.

Revert back after 10 days to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|