Carpal Tunnel Surgery

What could be the possible reasons for wrist pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a newly married housewife. I am having pain in the right wrist for the last five days. I also feel pain in the right lower arm and sometimes above the right shoulder blade. The pain is also present in the fingers of the right hand. I cannot put enough force while making a grip with ...  Read Full »

Dr. Maddika Sivasankarreddy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The possible reasons as a whole are Cervical IVDP (intervertebral disc prolapse), missed minor fracture in childhood, carpal tunnel syndrome, De Quervain's tenosynovitis. Please do the following investigations: 1) Fasting Thyroid profile. 2) Fasting lipid profile. 3...  Read Full »

Why do I have numbness in my fingertips?

Query: Hi doctor, My thumb, index and ring fingers are all super numb at the fingertips. This numbness has lasted for five days, and now I am getting horrible sharp pains in my index finger. Previously, I have carpal tunnel syndrome.  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned numbness in your hand finger tips, and the area mentioned appears to be that of median nerve region. Now, if this pain and numbness are severe and persistent, then the advice to you is to get nerve conduction study done and look for severity of compr...  Read Full »

How to treat curled fingers?

Query: Hi doctor, I had carpal tunnel, radial and ulnar nerve surgery. A tumor was removed from my elbow on the ulnar nerve. Then my two little fingers have no feeling and are completely curled in along with my thumb. For this my surgeon advised nerve transplant surgery. When I went for second opinion, not...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Getting a tumor removed off the ulnar nerve from the elbow will take at least six months for the nerve to regenerate the sensations till down your little finger. Getting tingling and burning sensations are good as this is a sign of nerve regeneration. You should take medi...  Read Full »