Q. What should be done for cloudy vision after cataract surgery?

Dr. David J Mathew
Published on May 10, 2018

In case of cloudiness and pains at night after cataract surgery, what should be done?

Dr. David J Mathew

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

After a cataract surgery, the patient is put on a steroid and antibiotic drops to reduce the reaction in the eye, the swelling of the cornea if any and to prevent infection.

You have mentioned that you experience cloudiness and pain at night after cataract surgery.

• Is your vision normal during the day?
  • Are you pain free during the day?
  • How many days have had been since the cataract surgery?

If you have pain and cloudiness, which is more at night, then you may be having a recurrent reaction in the eye or increased pressure in the eye. It is best to show your treating ophthalmologist at the earliest. I will be able to answer better if you provide me with more details and a photograph your eyes.

Revert back with the photos to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

I have frequent and recurring stye problem.Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have frequent and recurring stye problem. Please advise.  Read Full »

What is the reason for continuous eye allergy and irritation?

Query: Hi doctor, I have eye allergy for the past 1.7 years. I have consulted many doctors. I am using steroid eye drops too, but my eye allergy is still present. My eye irritates when it contact with blowing air, perfumes, air conditioner, strong odors, when I get cold and sometimes suddenly without any ...  Read Full »

Glaucoma - an Overview of Causes, Types and Treatment

Article Overview: Most people know glaucoma as a disease associated with high intraocular pressure that is pressure in the eye. I have explained in detail about glaucoma, its causes, types, symptoms, investigations and treatment in detail in this article. Read Article

Dr. David J Mathew
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Glaucoma is an optic neuropathy, which is a disease of the optic nerve that generally progresses over time. The optic nerve connects the eye to the brain. The optic nerve damage due to glaucoma is evident in the optic nerve head, the place where the optic nerve is connected to the back of the eye. D...  Read Article