Q. What should be done for cloudy vision after cataract surgery?

Dr. David J Mathew

In case of cloudiness and pains at night after cataract surgery, what should be done?

#

After a cataract surgery, the patient is put on a steroid and antibiotic drops to reduce the reaction in the eye, the swelling of the cornea if any and to prevent infection.

You have mentioned that you experience cloudiness and pain at night after cataract surgery.

• Is your vision normal during the day?
  • Are you pain free during the day?
  • How many days have had been since the cataract surgery?

If you have pain and cloudiness, which is more at night, then you may be having a recurrent reaction in the eye or increased pressure in the eye. It is best to show your treating ophthalmologist at the earliest. I will be able to answer better if you provide me with more details and a photograph your eyes.

Revert back with the photos to an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|