Cefuroxime

Can Cefuroxime be taken by a breastfeeding mother?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is suffering from fever from the last 3 to 4 days. She was taking P650, Calpol 500 twice daily. But the fever is still persisting. Today we contacted a local doctor and he prescribed Zocef CV 500 antibiotic course for three days. But we have a one and half-month-old baby girl ...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Though the low level of Cefuroxime (Zocef) is being secreted in breast milk and postulated possible side effects are a change of intestinal flora of the baby and may lead to diarrhea. But the prospective studies failed to show such kind of the side effects in the study ...  Read Full »

How to cure infection after ear piercing?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 4 years old. After piercing her ear, she is suffering from piercing infection. Her weight is 20 kg. I have also attached the pictures of her ears.  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It obviously is an infection from the piercing. To cure that you have to take the following measures. Remove the piercing. If pus comes out of piercing hole, squeeze it gently and put warm compresses to ease draining. I suggest her Cefuroxime syrup 250 mg per 5 mL a ...  Read Full »

What liver problem do the attached reports show?

Query: Hi doctor, Kindly take a look at the medical reports of the patient. He suffers from a liver problem, which suddenly started last week. Could you please diagnose the case and give your recommendations? Can the patient be treated with medication or should he go for surgery? Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Ankur Jindal

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have seen the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).It appears to be a large cystic liver lesion. It is possibly the remains of an amoebic liver abscess or hydatid cyst.I suggest getting an amoebic serology and hydatid serology. Also get a C...  Read Full »