Q. Will fluid accumulation in the pouch of Douglas and Candida growth affect my periods?

Dr. Sangeeta Milap

My period was due before 23 days, but I did not bleed yet. I did a scan ten days before, and it showed fluid accumulation in the pouch of douglas, and candida growth was detected. I started medications for three days, and I had my periods immediately. But the flow was reduced.

My period stopped five days ago, but I noticed pink spotting today when I was peeing.

What should I do now?

Kindly help.

#

It appears that you have a pelvic inflammatory disease along with a vaginal infection. The spotting or bleeding could be due to vaginitis. I request you to share the scan reports to help you better. Also, have you done any transvaginal ultrasounds recently? If yes, kindly share that too.

Based on what you have mentioned, I would recommend you take the following medication:

1) Take tablet Ceftum 250 mg (Cefuroxime) twice a day for seven days.

2) Tablet Chymoral Forte (Trypsin, Chymotrypsin) on an empty stomach, twice a day for seven days.

3) Tablet Oflox OZ (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) twice a day for five days.

For the vaginal infection, take capsule Clingen Vaginal Forte (Clindamycin, Tinidazole, Clotrimazole) keep it in the vagina once a day for seven days. And apply Candid-B (Clotrimazole and Beclometasone) cream twice a day for seven days.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

The discharge has changed from pink to brown. I have attached two scan reports. The first one was done two weeks ago before I started medication, and the second was done yesterday.

Thanks.

#

Thanks for sharing your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity). Your ultrasound report is normal, and your HVS (high vaginal swab) report indicates a fungal infection. I recommend you to take tablet Tavanic 500 mg (Levofloxacin) once daily for five days. In addition, take tablet Oflox OZ twice a day, for five days.

Since you have already used the vaginal tablet, do not repeat it.

|