Q. I was diagnosed with Celiac disease a year back. Can you suggest any medicine?

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Having celiac fromnlast 10 year dignosis recently ayear ago since then i am gluten free still cant absorb food feeling week i am 25 yearw old ...please do suggest me gluten free l glutamine supplemwnt to recover and multi vitamin

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Medical Gastroenterology
#

Hello dear. I welcome you to icliniq.

Well it is important that you understand that giving supplements of whatever quality, would not help, unless your primary issues is settled. I am sure you would have confirmatory tests for diagnosing celiac disease namely TTg(positive) and duodenal biopsy showing villous atrophy with raised intraepithelial lymphocytes.

The best supplement to recover is not multivitamin since they are just micronutrient, the recovery is possible with macronutrient such as corbohydrates, protein,, and fats. But since you have ongoing problem with malabsorption, I am afraid, even they would be unable to help you. If you have confirmed celiac disease then non responsive can be due to following reasons.

1. Non compliance with gluten free diet (intentional plus unintentional) . There are various that we take and we do not know there gluten contents, since it is not written in the label over packet, or unlabelled things.
  2. Unresponsive Celiac. In approx. 25 to 40% of cases patient do not respond to gluten free diet only, and these are also the cases where other reason may be underlying the pathogenesis of the gluten sensitivity not just only celiac disease.

If your diagnosed was not established via the criteria mentioned above, then you your doctor should review your diagnosis again, and exclude other potential causes mimicking like celiac. They are called as celiac mimickers. You can upload your ttg report, plus endoscopy, plus biopsy report, plus all other blood or stool testing that you have done. I may suggest you, after complete evaluation, certain other tests to figure out the cause of non responsiveness of your symptoms.

Unresponsive celiac disease
Celiac mimickers
Non compliance with celiac

|