Q. What is the treatment for sudden loss of eyesight?

Dr. Anand
Published on Dec 20, 2017

My father is 58 years old, one day suddenly in sunlight he lost one eyesight. When we went to the doctor he said that due to some reason, some blood came behind his eye. That is why he is not able to see from that eye. Now, one and a half years have passed, and we continue using the eye drops. But, no improvement is seen. I am enclosing the reports of tests. Please suggest if there is any permanent solution for this disease.

Dr. Anand

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

I have studied the old records (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

His condition is described as old CRVO (central retinal vein occlusion). There is bleeding inside the retina which has almost resolved. He has also recovered around 30 to 40 % of his vision.

Unfortunately, this condition is very difficult to treat. There are options like injections of Avastin (Bevacizumab), Lucentis (Ranibizumab), Ozurdex (Dexamethasone). These work only in fresh cases and results are not consistent in every case.

For now, I request you to continue the same drops for few months and get a regular follow-up from a retina specialist. Do follow up for any queries.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

My sister lost her vision due to TB. Is it possible to get the vision back?

Query: Hi doctor,My sister is 33 years old. She has been suffering from vision loss for five years. At the time of treatment, it was diagnosed as TB. Since from then, she has been taking all the medicines for the disease till it cures completely. Now, she has undergone the MRI of the brain. I am attaching ...  Read Full »