Cervical Collar

What is the treatment for neck and upper back pain due to seatbelt injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I recently met with an accident. I have severe pain in my neck and upper back. It is a seatbelt injury. It is keeping me awake at night. What should I do? I did CT and x-ray.  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is a whiplash injury, as you have mentioned. You can apply a cervical collar for the stability of your neck. Remove the collar during the night and wear it during the day time. You can go for isometric exercises (hold both palms on the forehead, then try to push y...  Read Full »

MRI shows thecal sac indentation at C5 - C6. What does it mean?

Query: Hello doctor, My MRI scan report shows: Right central disc protrusion causing minimal thecal sac indentation which is seen just abutting the spinal cord at C5-C6 level. Disc protrusion causing subtle thecal sac indentation at C6-C7 level. Disc protrusion causing subtle thecal sac indentation at C4-C...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It shows there may be a minimal indentation of the thecal sac at cervical 5 and 6 vertebrae, and mild indentation at few other cervical levels due to a disc prolapse, w...  Read Full »

Why am I having neck and shoulder stiffness after C1 and C2 surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I have done my C1 and C2 surgery with screw fixation. After three months, my head is little flexible to move down and backward but not left and right (the surgery moto is not to turn my head). But for the past one week, I am facing that my neck is very stiff and my right shoulder feels l...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your X-ray looks fine (attachment removed to protect patient identity). So, nothing to worry. Yes, you can travel but if you have pain and stiffness, then you need to use a soft cervical collar-size depending on your neck length, or it can be adjustable. If you do a sit...  Read Full »

I was suggested surgery for cervical spondylosis. Should I go for it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53 year old female. I am cervical spondylosis patient. After MRI report, the doctor suggested an operation. Should I go with the operation or not? MRI report: Spine with the screening of the whole spine: Cervical spine was studied with 3 mm thin slices in the axial and sagitt...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is persistent numbness in the hands in cervical radiculopathy, then surgery is indicated. As you have mentioned that you have significant numbness, and your MRI reports also suggest the same, you should consider getting a surgery done. Till then you can be ...  Read Full »

What could the pain under my armpits be?

Query: Hello doctor, For the past two days, I have been having pain under my armpits beside my left breast. The pain sometimes also goes down my arm into my collar bone and sometimes into my shoulder blade. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have mentioned, there are many possible causes: It may be an enlarged inflamed lymph node in your armpit. It can be a musculoskeletal pain. It can be a pain due to heart problems. So please provide me with answers in order to reach the a...  Read Full »

Why is there numbness in the hands after so many years of accident?

Query: Hello doctor, My brother met with an accident 20 years ago. Now, he has some numbness in his hands. We have attached the reports of the scan had recently. Kindly suggest treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have carefully reviewed the uploaded MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It indicates cervical spinal cord compression in the cervical region. This compression is responsible for his hand numbness. For this re...  Read Full »

I have a stiff neck and back pain. Could it be a heart attack?

Query: Hello, doctor, I am anxious about my heart. I cannot tell what is causing me to feel like this. I have a stiffness in the side of my neck with some pain in the upper left part of the back. I am able to pin point it. The chest feels weird on the left side. The ECG, chest X-ray and CBC were normal. Ho...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In all probabilities, it is not a heart attack. Neither your symptoms nor the investigations are compatible with a heart attack. I think you should stop worrying about a heart attack. From your description, it sounds like a cervical spine problem like spondylosis or...  Read Full »

Typing on the keyboard causes a shoulder pain from three years. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been using the computer every day for ten years and have developed a right shoulder pain in the last three years. I spend seven to eight hours with the computer and use the right hand for the mouse and keyboard. Now, I have to use the mouse with my left hand due to frequ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. This does not seem like a localized pain to the hand and shoulder. I think the pain is neurogenic originating from the compression of a nerve in the neck. There is a possibility of frozen shoulder too which may also present with similar sy...  Read Full »

I have a pain, swelling and stiffness in my neck. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 60 year old male weighing 70 kg. I have a swelling at the back of the neck. There is also a neck stiffness and giddiness as if the blood supply to the head reduced. I had sudden stretching at the same point 10 years back and had suffered the same problem for six months th...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You had a sudden stretching of the neck, followed by severe pain 10 years back. Now, you are complaining of the same pain with swelling at the back of the neck with a feeling of giddiness. From your description, it seems that there is some sort of an injury to your c...  Read Full »

My mother has cervical spinal stenosis. How to move her from the bed to wheelchair?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother, who is 79 years old has a neurologist appointment in five days. She was recently diagnosed at the ER with spinal stenosis in the neck. However, I am very concerned that me moving her from the bed to the wheelchair is contributing to her daily decline and related symptoms. Her s...  Read Full »

Dr. Sudheer Ambekar

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Severe cervical spinal stenosis causing spinal cord compression is known to cause all the symptoms that you have described. However, if the worsening from being able to walk to not at all has happened after your ER visit, I suggest you go to the ER again. This is becau...  Read Full »