Q. Please look at my reports and explain the reason for dizziness.

Dr. Rajyaguru
Published on Dec 25, 2016

Please have a look on my reports. I have dizziness for the past 1 year. Kindly answer my questions below. I do not know how it could happen for me. Can this get cured with medicine? If not, do I need to get any surgery? Will it be a minor or major surgery? Is there any other way of treatment apart from surgery?

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgery Neurology Spine Surgery
#

• It is a congenital developmental problem and the exact reason why it happens is not postulated. The pathophysiology is that the segment of an embryo which forms the area of craniovertebral junction has some genetic defects.
  • It cannot be cured with medicines. Yes, surgery is needed and it is highly recommended to prevent further problems, which can be very serious.
  • It is a major surgery, but it can be done easily and not a big issue for us. Thanks to advanced technology nowadays.
  • There is no other way of treatment apart from surgery. Only one possible, but a total impractical way of making you safe is to put you on big hard cervical collar for the rest of your life. Even, this is not surely effective. In olden days when there was no surgery available, people were treated like this.
  • Just to control your dizziness temporarily, I suggest tablet Vertin (Betahistine) 16 mg thrice a day. This tablet may make you a bit sleepy.
  • If you feel too much of sleep, then take half the dose only. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Please note that this is just to treat the symptom and this does not solve the basic problem.

For further information consult a neuro surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/neuro-surgeon

I am suffering from dizziness and headache. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I am suffering from dizziness and headache. There is some fluid sensation in my inner head. I have seen a neuro doctor and they said there is nothing to worry. But, there is a fluid leakage sensation which is quite disturbing. I would like to take an MRI. Kindly ...  Read Full »

What could this room spinning sensation be?

Query: Hello doctor,My problems are headaches and dizziness. When I woke up this morning, my head was aching and when I stood up, I felt the room turning around. I could not stand for a long time. I have a previous history of vertigo and migraine. Please help.  Read Full »

How did I get positive Jkb antibodies?

Query: Hi doctor,I received a notice after my child's birth as I am positive for Jkb antibodies. Is there a treatment for this? What can a doctor do for this? Does this affect future pregnancy? Where does this come from? How did I get it? I have always been anemic and had Iron supplement. I am not sure whe...  Read Full »

Ask a Neuro Surgeon Now