Q. Is it advisable to try for pregnancy right after cervical polyp removal?

Today is CD6. Yesterday, I started taking Clomid for CD5 to 9. CD10 is scheduled for cervical polypectomy. The night before instructed to take Misoprostol. Can I try to conceive this month right after a cervical polyp removal? The polyp is very small in the cervix.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If a cervical polyp is removed anytime, there will be some fresh blood. So it is not advisable to have any medication for pregnancy, in the same cycle as the removal. As blood is not a good medium for sperms, sperm motility is reduced or stopped by blood components. You can try for pregnancy, but when there is blood with a raw area in the cervical canal, sperm health may be reduced. You can have sexual contact after bleeding stops, usually which stops within 2 to 3 days. Next periods your chances will be better. Better use Clomid from the next cycle.

|