Cervical Radiculopathy

Please suggest treatment for left-sided upper back pain.

Query: Hi, I am suffering from left side upper back pain as well as left sided chest pain for the past one year. Day by day it has been increasing. I underwent ECG, Echo and TMT eight months back. All the tests were normal. My lipid profile is as follows:Tryglicerides - 276, LDL - 85, HDL - 28 and tot...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your upper back pain and left sided chest pain might be due to a condition called cervical radiculopathy. It is a condition where the nerves at your neck level get compressed between the neck bones and causes pain in the back of neck or upper back or arm or shoulder or ...  Read Full »

I have cervical radiculopathy which causes tingling sensation in my fingers. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,A month ago I was diagnosed with cervical radiculopathy by an ER doctor. Since then, I have seen my PCP I have had X-rays and an MRI done. I have an appointment with the neurosurgeon on the after 10 ten days. I have been prescribed a Flexeril and Naproxen. I am still in pain. The tingli...  Read Full »

Dr. Tony Magana

Neuro Surgeon, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you describe could be consistent with a cervical disc problem but are not specific to how severe it might be. Numbness of the face is usually associated with disc problems in the neck, although I have seen patients complain about it in the past. The phys...  Read Full »

I am getting pain from spinal to upper neck with occasional high BP. Please guide me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old, and I am suffering from pain starting from spinal to upper neck for three years. Sometimes BP is little high and that BP was 150/90 four to seven times BP up but now it is normal, but I have still suffered in the neck to upper head pain, discomfort on the left side ...  Read Full »

Dr. Isaac Gana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain you are describing is not cardiac pain. Cardiac pain is accompanied by symptoms like shortness of breath, palpitations, etc. You have cervical radiculopathy this can cause pain to radiate to other parts of the body. I advise you to take tablet Ibuprofen 400 ...  Read Full »

Can Thumb Twitching Be A Sign Of Cervical Disc Herniation Worsening?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32 year old female with asthma. I have cervical disc herniation for 10 years. Over the past 5 months, symptoms were back with tingling, weakness and shooting pain in arms. I tried medications like Celebrex, Lyrica and also massage, physiotherapy, chiropractor and acupuncture, b...  Read Full »

Dr. Tony Magana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A herniated disc in the neck can cause three potential problems: Injury and degeneration of the disc can cause neck pain that is not related to nerve problems, and this is not usually a need for surgery. If the disc and bone spurring that form for long-standing prob...  Read Full »

I am suffering from upper back pain at night. Kindly advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I currently am suffering nighttime upper back pain. It is only painful when laying down, I have been prescribed Co-codamol but have yet to get any tests or scans done. This pain wakes me every night to a point I cannot roll over or change sleeping postion. Last night bothered arms fro...  Read Full »

Dr. Jay Indravadan Patel

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As this sounds like the cervical radiculopathy, an MRI is suggested of the cervical spine. Also, I will advise you to use neck collar and continue the medicine. Once the pain level drops between 5 to 6 in the VAS pain scale of 0 to 10 where 0 is no pain and 10 is max...  Read Full »

I was suggested surgery for cervical spondylosis. Should I go for it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53 year old female. I am cervical spondylosis patient. After MRI report, the doctor suggested an operation. Should I go with the operation or not? MRI report: Spine with the screening of the whole spine: Cervical spine was studied with 3 mm thin slices in the axial and sagitt...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If there is persistent numbness in the hands in cervical radiculopathy, then surgery is indicated. As you have mentioned that you have significant numbness, and your MRI reports also suggest the same, you should consider getting a surgery done. Till then you can be ...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms normally seen in peroneal neuropathy?

Query: Hi doctor, I got peroneal neuropathy after bariatric surgery. I have lost 97 lbs in the last six months, and all of a sudden, I was diagnosed with peroneal neuropathy in my right leg. My right leg was numb from the knee down all through my toes, but now the numbness has subsided and only my big toe ...  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Foot drop and impaired sensation on the outer side of the leg below the knee is possible by common peroneal neuropathy. But same can also happen by the involvement of partial sciatic nerve involvement or lumbar plexus involvement or the involvement of roots coming...  Read Full »

Why am I getting radiating pain on my chest, shoulders and neck?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having pain around my esophagus, upper chest area as well as the bones under the eyes. The pain is radiating from upper chest to the shoulders. I am also having some memory problem. This has been slowly getting worse over a period of a couple of years. I can feel the pain on t...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pattern of pain you are describing is most probably due to any one of the following. Nerve irritation known as cervical radiculopathy that is due to compression or irritation of a nerve root of the neck. This might be associated with numbness. Disc herniation in the l...  Read Full »