Q. Why am I getting radiating pain on my chest, shoulders and neck?

Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Radiating Pain or Nerve Compression? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I have been having pain around my esophagus, upper chest area as well as the bones under the eyes. The pain is radiating from upper chest to the shoulders. I am also having some memory problem. This has been slowly getting worse over a period of a couple of years. I can feel the pain on touching my neck and the upper collarbone area. I do not have much reflux and can swallow. This seems to affect every part of my life. I have some balance issues, ringing in ears and some pain in the upper jaw. This pain does not seem to be in my throat. I currently on Neurontin, Cymbalta and blood pressure medicines. During the initial days of pain, I had a throat checkup, head scan and a few blood tests.