Q. I am suffering from left side upper back pain as well as left sided chest pain. Please help.

Dr. Divakara P
Published on Jun 30, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2019

I am suffering from left side upper back pain as well as left sided chest pain for the past one year. Day by day it has been increasing. I underwent ECG, Echo and TMT eight months back. All the tests were normal.

My lipid profile is as follows:Tryglicerides - 276, LDL - 85, HDL - 28 and total cholesterol - 180.

At present I am suffering from giddiness and drowziness. No steadiness when I am walking.

Please suggest me treatment to overcome this. What are the tests that I should perform?

I do not smoke. I do not drink alcohol. My height is 5'10" and I weigh 75 Kg.

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pain Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

Your upper back pain and left sided chest pain might be due to a condition called cervical radiculopathy. It is a condition where the nerves at your neck level get compressed between the neck bones and causes pain in the back of neck or upper back or arm or shoulder or hand or chest. For the diagnosis of this condition you need to get an MRI cervical spine done. Till then do slow rotational exercise of neck.

Now coming to your giddiness, drowziness and unsteadiness while walking, this needs evaluation. It could be due to inner ear problems, vitamin B12 deficiency or brain problems. First you get checked by an ENT doctor for any inner ear problems. Also get serum vitamin B12 levels done and revert back.

Kindly get this scan done and revert back to an orthopaedician online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/orthopaedician-and-traumatologist

When I start walking, the portion below the knee is numb. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 44 years old. From the last one month, I have problems with my legs, especially my left leg, when I get out of my bed or chair and start walking, the portion below the knee is sleeping (numb), sometimes it happens in the right leg as well, but most of the time in my left leg. I w...  Read Full >>

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can happen due to nerve compression in the spine or below that. Also can be due to vitamin B12 and calcium deficiency. So you need to get investigated properly, with vitamin testing and MRI scan. Regards, This is only a second opinion platform. This professional...  Read Full

I have a left-sided chest pain and shortness of breath. Is this something serious?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a potential blood clot but, a chest CT came back clear. I still have chest pain and upper back pain as well as shortness of breath. What could this be? They said it was potentially a muscular or skeletal pain but, I get pain on the left side especially. They suggested pain killer...  Read Full >>

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Any chest pain that increases with body movements such as coughing, sneezing, or picking up an object is not from the heart and is usually from the muscles surrounding the chest wall or sometimes the outer covering of the lung called pleura. ...  Read Full

Why is there mild chest pain although it is not a heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom had chest pain yesterday evening at 3 PM. It was mild pain on the left side. Today morning she also had mild pain three times. I had contacted a cardiologist yesterday. He asked me to perform an ECG test. After seeing the ECG report, he said there is little issue in ECG line. T...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Good news, there is no heart attack. It is normal. If there is recurrent chest pain especially with exertion or chest pain that relieves with rest and recurs on walking, climbing stairs, etc., then to be on safer side, have an ETT (exercise tolerance test) done. In this...  Read Full

Ask an Orthopaedician & Traumatologist Now