Cervical Traction

I have neck pain and not able to move it. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having pain at my back neck since morning and could not even move my neck. 2 years ago I had same, MRI showed disc bulge at C3-C4 and C6-C7 is causing thecal indentation. Central disc protrusion at C4-C5 and C5-C6 is causing thecal indentation.  Read Full »

Dr. Santosh-kumar Bashyal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looking into your problem you had chronic neck pain I should say and you are struggling with it since long time (2 years). MRI from the past (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is showing that there is problem from C3/4/5/6/7 but major level that is prod...  Read Full »

Is arm numbness a symptom of cervical disc bulge?

Query: Hi doctor, My right arm is numb from the elbow to the wrist and sometime I feel like getting electric shock inside. About 29 years ago, I got my C4/C5 lower disc removed. I have neck and back pain too and for which I am taking Lyrica now. I had an MRI and the report is as follows. Tight cervical sp...  Read Full »

Dr. Piyush Jakal

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your complaints it is clear that you are suffering from prolapsed intervertebral disc in cervical region. The prolapsed disc is compressing your spinal nerve roots of arm. I request you to kindly attach MRI images. Most likely it appears from your symptoms that you w...  Read Full »

What can be done for a short neck?

Query: Hello doctor,I am having short neck since birth. I am attaching my recent x-ray report with this post. Kindly help me out in understanding my condition. What particular solution would you suggest for the same? I also came across cervical traction devices. Will they help in my case? Please explain.  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the x-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The condition you have is called as block vertebrae or congenital fusion of cervical vertebrae. This is most likely a congenital problem. That means this is present right from the birth. Other...  Read Full »

Severe pain in the right shoulder which radiates to the whole arm.What could it be?

Query: Hello Doctor, Severe pain in the right shoulder which radiates to the whole arm. Tingling sensation everywhere in the whole arm. The shoulder blade hurts, underarm pit also hurts. Part of chest and cervical bulges are seen.  Read Full »

Dr. Saseendar S

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from cervical disc prolapse and radiculitis that means there is involvement of some of the nerve roots that arise from your neck. What is the duration of your problem and what is your job? Your condition might need evaluation with x-ray of the cervical s...  Read Full »

I have a stiff neck and back pain. Could it be a heart attack?

Query: Hello, doctor, I am anxious about my heart. I cannot tell what is causing me to feel like this. I have a stiffness in the side of my neck with some pain in the upper left part of the back. I am able to pin point it. The chest feels weird on the left side. The ECG, chest X-ray and CBC were normal. Ho...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In all probabilities, it is not a heart attack. Neither your symptoms nor the investigations are compatible with a heart attack. I think you should stop worrying about a heart attack. From your description, it sounds like a cervical spine problem like spondylosis or...  Read Full »