Q. I am having a chalazion. What should be done to cure it?

Dr. Prashant Koranmath
Published on Oct 13, 2019

A few days before, when I woke up, my eyes are swollen and painful. The swelling started to settle down after a few days by using warm compression, but there is a lump on my left eye. I do have a history of a chalazion in the left eye before two months. I underwent surgery in the past for both eyes. I wash my eyes with baby shampoo and have used ocusoft products; nothing seems to be helpful.

Dr. Prashant Koranmath

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

A chalazion is caused when glands (meibomian glands) in eyelids are blocked. Chalazion sometimes reduces with anti-inflammatory drops but very less.

There are two options left now since it has not reduced, intralesional steroid injection or surgery (Incision and Curettage).

I suggest you get it surgically removed. It is a minor surgery in which just a small incision is made in the inner part of the eyelid, and the contents are scooped out. Since chalazion is recurring, you have to get your blood sugar tested along with complete blood count (CBC).

There is a lump inside my eyelid with blurring. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I discovered a tiny lump on the inside of my upper eyelid quite a long time ago. However, I had no pain or anything. Lately, I have been having bad headaches, today I got a shooting pain in the eye and since then, it has been a little blurred just at the top where the lump is. I have ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Asif Manzoor
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems a small marginal chalazion. A chalazion is a swelling formed due to blockage of lipid producing glands in eyelids. The good thing is mostly these are painless (except when it gets infected). In most cases, it resolves spontaneously. Sometimes, these may require...  Read Full

I have a swelling in the lower part of the eye. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a swollen lymph from three weeks on the eye lining on the lower region. I went to the eye specialist. He gave me Zenoxim 500 for a week two tablets per day and Ocupol ointment to apply for three weeks. He said it is an infection and if it does not go in three weeks then he need...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of chalazion. Having said that, it is a provisional diagnosis. Kindly share the photos of your eye so that I may guide you better. Regards. For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-d...  Read Full

What is the treatment for the scar on my face?

Query: Hello doctor, I have these marks which were initially boils. I have had these marks on my chin before but was not so bad, but the other day I had three boils and it made the marks on my face look more standing out as before they were not noticeable. I used hot water on my boils and I think that it ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your query and concern and examined your picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity). With your descriptions and given picture, it seems you have a hypertrophic scar (raised scar due to excess collagen deposits). If you will not treat them, it w...  Read Full