Q. What causes lump inside eyelid with blurring?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 26, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2019

I discovered a tiny lump on the inside of my upper eyelid quite a long time ago. However, I had no pain or anything. Lately, I have been having bad headaches, today I got a shooting pain in the eye and since then, it has been a little blurred just at the top where the lump is. I have also noticed the lump has gone blue.

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

It seems a small marginal chalazion. A chalazion is a swelling formed due to blockage of lipid producing glands in eyelids. The good thing is mostly these are painless (except when it gets infected). In most cases, it resolves spontaneously. Sometimes, these may require an incision to drain out blocked secretions.

If it is painful, then you should visit your eye doctor and he might give you some antibiotics and NSAID. Warm compresses are also helpful. You are welcome for any queries. Have a nice day.

| 

What are these boils that my brother has on his eyelids?

Query: Hello doctor, I am asking this question on behalf of my brother. He is 37 years of age, 5' 7" tall and approximately weighs 70 kg. He is not on any medication. He is a commercial airline pilot by profession and is perfectly fit to fly. He has recently passed his physical fitness exam that is conduc...  Read Full »

Why is my vision not clear even after cataract surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I had my first cataract surgery in the right eye four years back. Now again this year, I just had cataract surgery in the left eye. Just today, after three days of my second cataract surgery in the left eye, the vision in my right eye is not clear. When I am seeing contact names on my...  Read Full »