Q. I have a swelling in the lower part of the eye. What should I do?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Hello doctor,

I have a swollen lymph from three weeks on the eye lining on the lower region. I went to the eye specialist. He gave me Zenoxim 500 for a week two tablets per day and Ocupol ointment to apply for three weeks. He said it is an infection and if it does not go in three weeks then he needs to do a small dissection to cut it. I am not sure what to do. Should I wait or take the medicine?

#

• Your symptoms are suggestive of chalazion.
  • Having said that, it is a provisional diagnosis. Kindly share the photos of your eye so that I may guide you better.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Please find the attachment.

#

I have viewed the file uploaded by you (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Though the photo is not clear, I agree with your treating ophthalmologist. It may need excision.
  • I suggest you try a medicine first, but if it does not resolve then go for a minor cut. It is a very simple and quick procedure. 

I hope this will help you. Regards.

| 

I got conjunctivitis 7 days back.I had red eye with eyelid swelling.Now redness is gone but blurring is present.What do I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I got conjunctivitis 7 days back. I had red eye with eyelid swelling.  I used Moxifloxacin hydrochloride from the very first day, every 2 hours. Then I started Fluorometholone 4 times a day and Cyclosporine 3 times a day. And now from 2 days I got blurred eye. Redness is gone...  Read Full »

I have a stye in my eye for last four days. What has to be done?

Query: Hi doctor,I have a stye in my eye for the last four days. It is internal, so hard to even see. I have tried all remedies suggested online and it is not going down in size at all. Kindly help.  Read Full »

How can the little bump on my upper lip corner be treated?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a little bump on the upper lip corner which is like a small pimple for about eight to 10 months. It has been painless until over the past few days where there is a mild vague pain around the area. Please suggest if it is something that I need to be worried about?  Read Full »

What should I take to relieve Flagyl induced constipation?
Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am trying to overcome constipation caused by the Flagyl antibiotic, and I do...  Read more»
How long should my dad continue the same dosage of medicines after a stent surgery?
Hello doctor, My father had a heart stent operation six months ago. Doctor prescribed some medicines, and still, he is u...  Read more»