Q. How can the little bump on my upper lip corner be treated?

I have a little bump on the upper lip corner which is like a small pimple for about eight to 10 months. It has been painless until over the past few days where there is a mild vague pain around the area. Please suggest if it is something that I need to be worried about?

Cosmetology Dermatology HIV/AIDS Specialist Venereology
#

• This could be a sebaceous cyst or a hypertrophic Fordyce spot or trichoepithelioma.
  • A physical and histopathological examination is required to confirm the diagnosis and a surgical excision is the only treatment of choice. 
  • Good thing is that most of them are benign in nature and will not impose any kind of risk. 

Hope this helps. Regards.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

| 

What do you suggest I do next. Personally, I am not worried about the cosmetic aspect. I got worried reading things like squamous cell carcinoma. Do you think there is a possibility of the malignancy?

#

• No such problem is there at present. 

|