Q. What could be the reason for blurred vision following a hit on the eye?

Dr. Asif Manzoor
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 30, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 16, 2020

Two days back, I got a hit in my eye with a ball. Still, it is paining with blurred image. Please help.

#

• After trauma with the ball, there could be many things that can cause blurring.
  • It could be a simple eyelid swelling or small abrasion on the cornea, the front transparent surface of the eye. Other causes may be inflammation in the eye or blood inside the eye called hyphema.
  • Sometimes, after trauma pupil dilated due to sphincter muscle damage and that also produces blurring.
  • Lens subluxation or small vitreous hemorrhage can also cause blurring.
  • After trauma with the ball, there may be swelling in the back of the eye (retina) called commotio retinae - Berlin's edema.
  • So, you need a complete eye examination from an eye specialist so that the exact cause of blurring could be established and treated if needed.
  • After trauma with the ball, there may be orbital bone fracture and double vision. Also, there is a risk of retinal detachment in life time and this may manifest as flashes, floaters or a sudden decreased vision or a curtain in the field.
  • So, my advice is to go to your eye specialist and get your eyes checked. He will treat you accordingly.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

| 

I have sudden blurring of vision on one eye. Is it due to retinal detachment?

Query: Hello doctor, My vision was crystal clear this morning. I just woke up from a nap, and the vision in my left eye is blurry. It has not cleared up in the past half an hour. Twice over the years, this has happened, and it normalized over a few hours, but I am in a jungle now. So, I would like to err ...  Read Full »

What causes double vision after an accident?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 16 years old. She met with an accident and got an injury on her face. It was operated by a maxillofacial surgeon. The upper portion of the right eye is red. She can open her eye, but she is having double vision. What to do?  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»