Q. Is my blurred vision related to the dose of Metoprolol?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 05, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

For the last five days, I am experiencing a kind of blurred vision. Initially, I was on Metoprolol 50 mg as I had a viral infection on the muscles of the heart. This time, when I visited my cardiologist, he said that the viral infection is almost gone and reduced my dose to 25 mg. After taking a week of 25 mg of Metoprolol, I have this fuzzy vision problem. Now, my cardiologist said we would go back to 50 mg. Do you think the blurred vision as the side effect of reduced dose of Metoprolol? If yes, will it go away with increasing the dose? Also, I have eye floaters. I have two floaters on the left and two on the right. But, It does not bother me. What is your opinion about this?

One more thing is that I am addicted to masturbation.  Ido it twice a day. Will masturbation affect eyesight? Also, because of the position of masturbation, I am getting muscle pain on my back. What to do for this? Thank you so much in advance.

#

• Blurred vision is not related to this decreased dose of Metoprolol, but do not worry. It will become alright soon. If this blurred vision persists, consult a local ophthalmologist and get eyesight checked.
  • In the eye, we have two segments. They are anterior and posterior. In the posterior segment, we have a gel called vitreous. This vitreous is made of collagen fibres.
  • In some people, these collagen fibres get messed up, and they start floating in vitreous gel. When light enters the eye, these meshed collagen fibres cast a shadow on the retina which is seen as floaters by the patient.
  • There is no treatment for eye floaters. Just avoid seeing them. These are entirely reasonable. Consult an ophthalmologist if these suddenly increase in number.
  • There is no relation between masturbation, eyes and vision. It is the best method to satisfy the sexual urge.
  • Yes, you may feel back pain but, that is not related to masturbation. You can masturbate in other positions like standing position or sitting position, or you can use the pillow to support your back during masturbation.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|