Q. What can I do for the swelling inside my cheek?

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 20, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2019

For the last two months, I am having small swelling inside the cheek. Also, there is some stiffness in the right throat, but not now. With general surgeon prescription I have used Metrogyl, Diataal, Tinidazole and vitamin tablets. But, still swelling is there and also I am getting some red dots on and off. Today I went to the hospital and consulted a dentist. He said it as frictional keratosis and chronic generalized gingivitis. So, they offered scaling and later extraction of that tooth. For the second opinion, I have consulted an ENT doctor. As the swelling is constantly present in the last one month, he advised to go for a biopsy. What can I do now? Please explain and I have attached some files for your reference.

#

Cheek bite and sharp cusp of the tooth.

Frictional keratosis.

1. If sharp cusp is present, then the treatment is rounding off the cusp.
2. Removal of the troubling tooth, in your case it is a wisdom tooth.

For further doubts consult a dentist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

Shall I go for biopsy or shall I get that tooth removed?

#

• According to me after removal of the tooth, swelling will fade away.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

|