Q. What can I do for the swelling inside my cheek?

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 20, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2019

For the last two months, I am having small swelling inside the cheek. Also, there is some stiffness in the right throat, but not now. With general surgeon prescription I have used Metrogyl, Diataal, Tinidazole and vitamin tablets. But, still swelling is there and also I am getting some red dots on and off. Today I went to the hospital and consulted a dentist. He said it as frictional keratosis and chronic generalized gingivitis. So, they offered scaling and later extraction of that tooth. For the second opinion, I have consulted an ENT doctor. As the swelling is constantly present in the last one month, he advised to go for a biopsy. What can I do now? Please explain and I have attached some files for your reference.

#

Cheek bite and sharp cusp of the tooth.

Frictional keratosis.

1. If sharp cusp is present, then the treatment is rounding off the cusp.
2. Removal of the troubling tooth, in your case it is a wisdom tooth.

For further doubts consult a dentist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Shall I go for biopsy or shall I get that tooth removed?

#

• According to me after removal of the tooth, swelling will fade away.

For further information consult a dentist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

| 

I have pain and bad smell coming from a wisdom tooth extraction site. Is it dry socket?

Query: Hello doctor, I had two wisdom teeth removed a week ago, and I still have some pain in the lower left extraction site. If I touch near the extraction site with a finger and then smell my finger, there is definitely a bad smell. I have controlled this with using another finger to touch the same place...  Read Full »

Why is there numbness in tongue and jaw after wisdom tooth extraction?

Query: Hello doctor, My lower right side impacted wisdom tooth has been extracted a week back. Till now my half tongue and jawline of the right side are numb or I am not feeling hot or cold at that side. I am so much worried. Is that normal or is it a concern of worrying? I am panicking for getting sense ...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»