Q. What makes the cheeks in the mouth look like tear with burning sensation?

Dr. Sandeep Menon

What makes the cheeks inside the mouth look like tear. There is no bleeding and ulcer. There is some burning during the day and it quits overnight.

#

As per your information, it is not a case to worry about. In cases that need attention, the cheeks become reddened painful rigid or ulcerated. Your case seems to have arisen due to cheek bite. Make sure you grind off the sharp edges of the teeth which are in contact with the cheeks. Prolonged cheek bite can cause ulceration and can cause pain. Also, if you have unerupted wisdom teeth on either side, cheek bites on those areas can also cause some sort of a burning sensation. So get in touch with your dentist to get the problem corrected. Avoid having too much spicy food in the meantime.

|