Q. What makes the cheeks in the mouth look like tear with burning sensation?

Dr. Sandeep Menon
Published on Nov 15, 2019

What makes the cheeks inside the mouth look like tear. There is no bleeding and ulcer. There is some burning during the day and it quits overnight.

#

As per your information, it is not a case to worry about. In cases that need attention, the cheeks become reddened painful rigid or ulcerated. Your case seems to have arisen due to cheek bite. Make sure you grind off the sharp edges of the teeth which are in contact with the cheeks. Prolonged cheek bite can cause ulceration and can cause pain. Also, if you have unerupted wisdom teeth on either side, cheek bites on those areas can also cause some sort of a burning sensation. So get in touch with your dentist to get the problem corrected. Avoid having too much spicy food in the meantime.

I have burning sensation on the internal walls of vagina. Why is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have burning sensation and itching on internal walls of vagina after sex and after ovulation. I am facing this problem for the past 6 to 8 months. For past 1 week, I am unable to have sex and while passing urine the nerve pains. We are trying to get pregnant for more than 7 years. Curre...  Read Full »

What is male genital dysaesthesia?

Query: Hello doctor, I have burning penis glans. It burns constantly and is ruining my life. It all started after I had thrush which is now gone. Sometimes, a very light red rash appears on glans and foreskin when warm. Testicle also can go red after rubbing or shower. My doctor said I have male genital d...  Read Full »

My tongue seems to be pale and raised on the sides. Is this normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I decided to look at my tongue a couple of days ago, and it seems to be pale or raised on the sides. I am not sure if this is normal or if it is something to be concerned about. I accidentally bite my cheeks and tongue while I am trying to sleep (I sleep on my sides with my arm pressi...  Read Full »