Sharp Cusp Tips

Why do I have a bump in place of a wisdom tooth?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a kind of bump on the side where my bottom wisdom tooth was. Also, there appears to be a little hole in the area with white stuff on it. It is behind my last bottom tooth where the wisdom tooth was removed years ago. It is sore to touch. I have attached the photo. It is not the whe...  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that your upper wisdom tooth (if it is present or the last molar) has grown more downwards making direct contact with the gums leading to ulceration and soreness (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you removed lower wisdom tooth years ago, the up...  Read Full »

I bit the inside of my cheek and now it is swollen. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, For the last two months, I am having small swelling inside the cheek. Also, there is some stiffness in the right throat, but not now. With general surgeon prescription I have used Metrogyl, Diataal, Tinidazole and vitamin tablets. But, still swelling is there and also I am getting some re...  Read Full »

Dr. Nivedita Dalmia

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.  Read Full »

What is linea alba on the cheek?

Query: Hello doctor, I have white lining on both sides of inner cheek between lower and upper teeth from the last three months. l feel raised line when I wake up in the morning. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Menon

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is quite normal. Unless you have pain and irritation at the area. This is called linea alba. In case you get itching and pain, then please consult your dentist for physical evaluation. For further doubts consult a dentist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-do...  Read Full »

What is the spot on my tongue?

Query: Hello doctor, I have found this spot on my tongue for the past seven months and for the most part, has not really changed. No symptoms, but can sometimes feel the bumps when I run my finger over it. Does this look like it is a frictional problem or something worse? I am guessing friction based on w...  Read Full »

Dr. Muzaffer Hussain Parray

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through your question and understand your concern. As per your photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it does not look like any severe problem. This could be the friction or irritational in nature due to a sharp tooth edge. This lesion on...  Read Full »

What is the painful bump behind my wisdom tooth with sore gums?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a white bump right behind where my wisdom tooth is and my gum is sore. It is swollen and hurts bad when I wake up then I get a stinging pain the rest of the day.  Read Full »

Dr. Gaurav Pandey

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I can see in the picture (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems like your upper last molar has sharp edges and these sharp edges hurt continually to lower gum tissue. Injury due to sharp edges of upper tooth cause sore or ulceration. I suggest ...  Read Full »

I have some burn like injury on my inner cheek. What is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a small section of skin starting from the bottom of my inner gum to halfway up the flappy skin piece on the lower part of the tongue. It is not very bad looking. It appears as if it is just a normal burn from some hot food or drink, though I do not recall ever burning myself. It oc...  Read Full »

Dr. Purva Jingar

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It may be some ulcer or due to cheek cut (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We cannot say anything until you visit a nearby dentist. Maybe you have drinking habit that can cause such skin cut. Do not rub it as it may cause serious injury. Also, avoid e...  Read Full »

I have a bump on my tooth. Is it just an uncommon tooth shape or something else?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a bump on one of my top row teeth (it is located on the inside of the tooth, not noticeable from outside) that seems to be quite hard. I picked at it out of habit thinking it was a piece of food but it seems to be on the tooth. Is this just some uncommon tooth shape or is it so...  Read Full »

Dr. Asma Parveen

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. To get a clear idea of your problem, I would like to have a picture of your tooth. As per your description, it could be an anatomical structure in your upper molar which is called 'cusp of Carabelli', which is absolutely normal and you do not need to worry about it....  Read Full »

There is a sore on my tongue which is recurring at the same spot. Is it cancer?

Query: Hi doctor,The lateral edge of my tongue has a sore which is recurring on the same spot from the last six months and it is painless. It gets cured but keeps coming back after some days. I consulted a few ENT doctors. I was given a vitamin tablet, but nothing helped. My uric acid level is 9.2 and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A recurring ulcer at the same site which is getting cured completely in between is a sign of some chronic irritation that might be due to a sharp tooth or tobacco use. As the ulcer gets healed, it means that it is not malignant. But, it would be better to get it examin...  Read Full »

What can these white patches in my mouth be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have developed a few white patches in my mouth for few days. The image is attached herewith. Is it just a fungal infection or something else? What medicine do you suggest? There is no pain or bleeding. It is not increasing in size. I never had anything like this previously. I never s...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar Ashutosh

Family Physician, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please let me know following things. Exactly for how long has this lesion been there? Is this kind of lesion present in any other site in the mouth? Is there a sharp tooth near the lesion? Is there any history of toothbrush trauma? Also, please send a clear image of ...  Read Full »

Kindly guide me for the pain in my lower wisdom tooth region.

Query: Hi doctor, I am having intense pain in my lower wisdom tooth that is making my neck, shoulder, and head hurt badly. This just started up around 6 PM today. I have been taking Ibuprofen, but nothing is working. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Geeth Sadasivam

Dentist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering your age, your lower wisdom tooth should be erupting to its position. The pain is due to the soreness of the gums around the tooth as the wisdom tooth erupts. Also, when the upper last molar on that side hits the lower gum region, it causes injury and hence th...  Read Full »