Q. Shall I take Azithromycin for chest congestion and cold?

Dr. Abaranam

I am 38 years old and I weigh 55 kg. l am having chest congestion and cold. The doctor prescribed me Azithromycin 500 mg for three days and Levocetirizine. I am asthmatic. I am also taking Foracort 400 twice a day whenever I have a breathing problem. My symptoms are not improving. What shall I do?

Dr. Abaranam

Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

As you have started on antibiotics, I suggest you take it for three days.

For your asthma problem, you need to assess the level of airway diseases that can be done by pulmonary function test with reversibility.

According to that, we have to adjust the dose of medicines.

Take care.

For more information consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

| 

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Dr. Abaranam

Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)

Can I take Combiflam for fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a fever and cold for the past three days. I am taking Calpol and Combiflam. How can I get cured?  Read Full »

Are cold with chest pain and fatigue symptoms of pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. I have a cold with chest pain, fatigue and difficulty breathing for three days up till now, without physically consulting a doctor. I have had pneumonia last year and I am afraid that I might get again as I am starting to show some symptoms of pneumonia. Sh...  Read Full »

Ask a Pulmonologist Now