Q. Shall I take Azithromycin for chest congestion and cold?

Dr. Abaranam

I am 38 years old and I weigh 55 kg. l am having chest congestion and cold. The doctor prescribed me Azithromycin 500 mg for three days and Levocetirizine. I am asthmatic. I am also taking Foracort 400 twice a day whenever I have a breathing problem. My symptoms are not improving. What shall I do?

#

As you have started on antibiotics, I suggest you take it for three days.

For your asthma problem, you need to assess the level of airway diseases that can be done by pulmonary function test with reversibility.

According to that, we have to adjust the dose of medicines.

Take care.

For more information consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

Thanks a lot for the reply.

#

You are welcome.

|