Q. Shall I take Azithromycin for chest congestion and cold?

Dr. Abaranam
Published on Apr 16, 2018

I am 38 years old and I weigh 55 kg. l am having chest congestion and cold. The doctor prescribed me Azithromycin 500 mg for three days and Levocetirizine. I am asthmatic. I am also taking Foracort 400 twice a day whenever I have a breathing problem. My symptoms are not improving. What shall I do?

Dr. Abaranam

Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

As you have started on antibiotics, I suggest you take it for three days.

For your asthma problem, you need to assess the level of airway diseases that can be done by pulmonary function test with reversibility.

According to that, we have to adjust the dose of medicines.

Take care.

For more information consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Can I take Combiflam for fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a fever and cold for the past three days. I am taking Calpol and Combiflam. How can I get cured?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a viral or allergic upper respiratory tract infection. Calpol and Combiflam (Ibuprofen with Paracetamol) both should not be used at a time. Use only one drug among these two as they are anti-inflammatory and analgesic. You can also take Vitamin C 500 mg twice a...  Read Full

Are cold with chest pain and fatigue symptoms of pneumonia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18-year-old female. I have a cold with chest pain, fatigue and difficulty breathing for three days up till now, without physically consulting a doctor. I have had pneumonia last year and I am afraid that I might get again as I am starting to show some symptoms of pneumonia. Sh...  Read Full >>

Dr. Magesh T
General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Just saw your letter that you been having a difficulty breathing and you are concerned about pneumonia. I would like to get some more information in terms of fever, difficulty breathing, bringing up sputum. Is it yellow color or white color. If you are having all the sy...  Read Full

Ask a Pulmonologist Now