Q. Why am I having chest discomfort with swollen lymph nodes?

I have had chest discomfort for about 2 to 3 months now. It is not really in one particular area, but right now I feel like more on the left side. It is a dull, achy pain that does not really go away. I have also noticed lymph nodes swell up for about a week. I am not sure if this is correlated to the chest since I have had that for months.

Do you have a question on Chest Discomfort or Lymph Node Enlargement?

Ask a Doctor Now

M.B.B.S., M.D. MEDICINE
Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology

I understand your concern. Your chest pains seem to be muscular in nature. Another possibility is of acid reflux that can also cause such kind of pains. We should also rule out any cardiac issues in case of chest pains.

So, you should get a chest X-ray and ECG done. If the ECG and chest X-ray are normal, the pain is probably muscular or due to acid reflux. For muscular pain, I advise to do hot fomentation over the involved area 3 to 4 times a day. You can also apply Diclofenac gel locally over the involved area. On taking this treatment, this usually resolves in 5 to 7 days. In case you have pain in abdomen, and acid reflux, I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.

Muscular, acid reflux.

Chest X-ray, ECG.

Conservative.

Why do I feel sudden chest discomfort and breathlessness?
Query: Hi doctor, I am a girl of 20. My height is 167 cm and weight is 75 kg. Over the past one week, I am having high discomfort and pain in my right chest when I breathe. The pain radiates to the right shoulder and right arm too. When I sneeze or blow my nose up, the pain is severe. I cannot explain this...  Read Full >>
Dr. Kartik Sood
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have a history of frequent chest infections in the past, which were associated with wheezing, secretions and fever as well, I would suggest you to consult a pulmonologist or a chest physician in person. Your symptom of chest pain, which increases on deep respiratio...  Read Full

Which is a good medicine to prevent heart diseases in a diabetic patient?
Query: Hello doctor, I am 45 years old. I am a diabetic patient for the last one year. I used Ayurvedic medicines. Normally, the BP varies between 130/80 to 137/90. For the last 10 days, I am feeling uncomfortable in the chest. Recent test report: Fasting 110, PPBS 185, TC 213, Triglycerides 146,...  Read Full >>
Dr. Ganesh P Sapkal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Diabetes is a strong risk factor for coronary artery disease. You had chest discomfort and one episode of heart attack like symptoms and your ECG was normal at that time. But, a normal ECG does not rule out a heart attack. I think you should undergo further eva...  Read Full

I am having sore throat with post nasal drip and lymph node enlargement. Why?
Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old and from the last two years, my sore throat is not going away. I am having a lot of post nasal drip. I tried taking OTC anti-histamines, nothing helped. Today I noticed a hard lump under the chin at right side right at the point where throat begins. What is causing it?  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms listed by you point to chronic tonsillopharyngitis mostly secondary to the post nasal drip. Delving into the details, the constant post nasal drip is causing inflammation of the posterior pharyngeal wall and the tonsils in the throat. When these get infe...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now