Q. Why am I having chest discomfort with swollen lymph nodes?

This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 08, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 09, 2019

I have had chest discomfort for about 2 to 3 months now. It is not really in one particular area, but right now I feel like more on the left side. It is a dull, achy pain that does not really go away. I have also noticed lymph nodes swell up for about a week. I am not sure if this is correlated to the chest since I have had that for months.

#

I understand your concern. Your chest pains seem to be muscular in nature. Another possibility is of acid reflux that can also cause such kind of pains. We should also rule out any cardiac issues in case of chest pains.

So, you should get a chest X-ray and ECG done. If the ECG and chest X-ray are normal, the pain is probably muscular or due to acid reflux. For muscular pain, I advise to do hot fomentation over the involved area 3 to 4 times a day. You can also apply Diclofenac gel locally over the involved area. On taking this treatment, this usually resolves in 5 to 7 days. In case you have pain in abdomen, and acid reflux, I would advise you to take a combination of Pantoprazole and Domperidone.

Muscular, acid reflux.

Chest X-ray, ECG.

Conservative.

|