Q. There is lymph node enlargement under chin and groin in a child. Is it serious?

Answered by Dr. Koushik Mukherjee and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Lymphadenopathy or Esr? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My 2-year-old female child has mild lymph node enlargement under the chin and groin. She had a fever. Her weight is 8 kg. Peripheral smear showed mild degree aniso-poikilocytosis. Her hemoglobin is 12. She has a minimal fullness of renal pelvic calyceal system (USG). Is there anything to worry? Rest of all the tests are normal.