Q. Sometimes, I feel my chest is swollen and painful to touch. Why?

Dr. Harshul Gohel
Published on Jul 23, 2019

Some times my chest is swelled, and some times it is normal. If I pressed that it is hard and gives pain. What could it be?

Dr. Harshul Gohel

Internal Medicine
#

According to your age, there must not be any cardiac anomalies. But we should also rule out, as sedentary lifestyle nowadays. Need for a proper description for swelling like size, when increase or decrease, soft, hard, pulsatile, any associated symptoms or not, pain, burning sensation, etc.As of now, with such brief history, we can suspect a muscular change such as increasing in size and giving rise to pain, for that symptomatic treatment to be given.

chest X-ray and USG thorax.

Tablet Buscopan 1-0-1 and as and when required for excessive pain. Volini gel for local application two times a day.

Avoid heavy weight lifting.

| 

In chest x-ray, what is the meaning of bilateral apical inhomogeneities?

Query: Hi doctor, I have applied for a job in abroad. I was asked to get a complete medical checkup. In the chest x-ray report, it was mentioned as bilateral apical inhomogeneities. What does it mean?  Read Full »

When I checked my son's BP it showed irregular heart symbol. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, A few days back, I was measuring BP using electronic BP monitor on my 11 year old kid. I observed irregular heartbeat symbol blinking after measurement, and that got me worried. I measured eight times again in the last two days and got IHB symbol for around 4 out of 8 times. His average ...  Read Full »

Does my chest x-ray show any nodules of concern?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a second opinion regarding my chest x-ray. The chest x-ray showed no masses, nodules or pneumonia. I just have a very mild inflammation and an old rib injury. The doctor told me that I had heart deformities, but I already knew about those.  Read Full »

Ask a Pulmonologist Now