Q. I have chest and arm pain with fever and vomiting. What should I do?

Dr. Y. Siva Roja
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 18, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 19, 2019

I am suffering from right side chest pain and right arm and also have fever and vomiting. What should I do? Is it symptoms of something big?

#

You have mentioned that you have diabetes. Patients with diabetes need not always be present with typical chest pain in case of any sudden cardiac event; symptoms like right sided pain, and persistent vomiting should not be taken lightly.

And also you did not mention about history of any

1) cough,

2) abdominal pain, and

3) burning urination

In addition to a coronary cardiac event, your symptoms also suggest the possibility of any lung infection as it can lead to fever chest pain and even vomitings sometimes.And as people with diabetes have a predisposition to infections, patients with fever and vomitings should be evaluated for urinary infection also if other symptoms are present.

You need to get

1) ECG.

2) Chest X-ray.

3) Complete blood picture.

4) Complete urine examination is done.

Without any delay and also chest and abdomen needs to be examined for any infection. You can contact me any further queries.

|