Q. I have chest and arm pain with fever and vomiting. What should I do?

Dr. Y Siva Roja
Published on Jun 18, 2019 and last reviewed on: Jun 19, 2019

I am suffering from right side chest pain and right arm and also have fever and vomiting. What should I do? Is it symptoms of something big?

Dr. Y Siva Roja

#

You have mentioned that you have diabetes. Patients with diabetes need not always be present with typical chest pain in case of any sudden cardiac event; symptoms like right sided pain, and persistent vomiting should not be taken lightly.

And also you did not mention about history of any

1) cough,

2) abdominal pain, and

3) burning urination

In addition to a coronary cardiac event, your symptoms also suggest the possibility of any lung infection as it can lead to fever chest pain and even vomitings sometimes.And as people with diabetes have a predisposition to infections, patients with fever and vomitings should be evaluated for urinary infection also if other symptoms are present.

You need to get

1) ECG.

2) Chest X-ray.

3) Complete blood picture.

4) Complete urine examination is done.

Without any delay and also chest and abdomen needs to be examined for any infection. You can contact me any further queries.

| 

Are chest pain and breathing problem common in pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 21 weeks pregnant. I am having chest and lung pain on the right side along with trouble to take a deep breath. I am suffering to catch my breath. I went to the ER and they did a blood test called D-dimer. It came back positive for a lung blood clot on the left side. But, the doctor ...  Read Full »

What is the reason for shoulder and arm pain?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is 28 years old. She is suffering from shoulder and arm pain. She has more pain during night-time and not able to get good sleep. First we consulted a doctor; he gave some multivitamin and Calcium tablets. Also advised her to do some exercise, but there is no effect. Then we consu...  Read Full »

Can a wisdom tooth cause neck and arm pain?

Query: Hello doctor, Can a possible wisdom tooth cause neck and arm pain? My tooth hurts on the same side as neck and arm.  Read Full »