Q. I have chest pain despite lipid profile and echo being normal. Why?

Dr. Rishu
Published on Dec 20, 2018

I am suffering from chest pain in the left side from 4 to 5 days, but my lipid profile and 2D echocardiography both reports are normal. What to do? What is the reason of chest pain?

Dr. Rishu

Cardiology
#

Chronic reflux of stomach acids into your esophagus can irritate your esophagus. In severe cases, it can cause dysphagia. Scar tissue can develop in your esophagus. The scar tissue can narrow your esophagus. This is known as an esophageal stricture. In some cases, dysphagia can be a direct result of esophageal damage. The lining of the esophagus can alter to resemble the tissue that lines your intestines. This is a condition called Barrett’s esophagus.

For chest pain, is it necessary to get an ECG or can I manage with medicine?

Query: Hi doctor,I am feeling a slight pain in the left side of my chest while taking a deep breath. Can you help me with the medicine to cure this pain?  Read Full »

Why do i have consistent acid reflux the whole day? Can GERD cause sleeplessness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have consistent acid reflux when I wake up and until I go to sleep for about three weeks now. It is so bad now that I can not just eat. My mouth tastes to have a nice and yummy food. I get upper back and chest pains when I am lying down at night. I have been checked out by my cardiolo...  Read Full »

Other than acid reflux, what can cause inflammation and irritation of throat?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some issues with my throat and esophagus. I have seen an ENT specialist and he said that I had a lot of inflammation in my esophagus, but did not seem to say anything else other than it may be the acid reflux. But, the way I feel and a lot of the other symptoms that have...  Read Full »