Q. My report showed mild TR. Is that something to worry?

This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have made an echo after I started having an uncomfortable chest pain and short of breath with little dizziness while I make an effort talking. But, I do not get tired that much even if I am working out. Can the symptoms be related to anxiety? However, the doctor said my heart is fine after I made the echo test. Nothing is abnormal except in a section called doppler. It says abnormal tricuspid flow mild TR, which he did not mention and I have no clue what it is. But, I read that in my test results. Is that something concerning? Sometimes, I get high blood pressure.

#

• It is mild leakage across the valve. There is no need to worry about it. It can sometimes be found. Is your chest x-ray done? If not just get one done.
  • This pain may be due to anxiety or reflux disease. Do you also have upper abdominal pain, nausea, bloating, burping, increase in pain on food, sour water feeling in throat or chest burning? These are the other symptoms of reflux disease and may be associated.
  • You should avoid fatty, oily and spicy diet. Have some walk after having food instead of taking rest. Have multiple small meals instead of heavy meals.
  • Have regular sleep habits and avoid stress. Eat lots of green leafy vegetables and fruits. Avoid smoking and alcohol if any.
  • You can get prescribed tablet Pan DSR 40 mg (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) or Esomeprazolebefore breakfast once a day for two weeks.
  • For anxiety, you should use relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation, deep breathing, etc. If it does not help, then can get anti-anxiety medicine prescribed like Escitalopram or Clonazepam, etc.

For further information consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

|