Q. Why am I having chest pain after inhaling Grout?

Dr. Amolkumar W. Diwan

Two days ago, I inhaled Grout for quite sometime, the following morning I woke up feeling very painful on the chest on the back, when I moved my body parts I could feel a sharp pain on the chest and also the back and I felt the same when breathing in. Pease help me.

#

Grout is mixture of cement and sand used as concrete in filling the cracks on the walls. It is possible that you may be allergic to cement following which you started feeling pain in your chest and other body parts. Another possibility is development of pneumothorax. That means because of lifting of heavy weight, some air leaked around the lungs. After air is collected in large amounts, you start feeling pain in chest and other body parts. To confirm this, you should do a chest X-ray. It will definitely give us the cause of your chest pain. For time being, painkiller medicines will help to alleviate pain but after X-ray, definite treatment can be given.

|