Q. Can body heat cause chickenpox?

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

My daughter got chickenpox last year. During that time we did not take her out and applied neem leave paste. It got cured in 15 days. Now, this year also, again she got chickenpox. Now, she is 4 years old. What to do now? Why has it come again?  She ate chicken and mango the same day. Is it because of that she got chickenpox? When I was a kid, I got chickenpox three times. All the time we have applied neem leave paste only. Two years ago, I got again, and that time I ate more mangos and chicken. Is body heat causing chickenpox again and again?

#

Firstly, I would want to know if the diagnosis of chickenpox is made by you or a doctor. It is highly unlikely for anybody to get chickenpox twice and even if the person gets chickenpox twice least likely it would be once every year.

Her weight 11 kg is very less for a 4 year old, which suggests she must either be frequently ill or malnourished.

The fact that you also had the same issue in your childhood points to a genetic cause of some form of immune deficiency. If such is the case, then eventually the child will outgrow this problem as the age progresses just like you.

Chickenpox is caused by Varicella zoster virus and not due to heat or due to eating some food item.

Also, I would like to know if this child has been vaccinated to date and if not then please get her vaccinated.

It is important to get the child evaluated with blood reports, and a physical workup with a pediatrician is necessary for diagnosing chickenpox.

Please give proper nutrition to the child and avoid outside food as the weight of the child is very less for a 4 year old.

For further information consult a paediatrician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/paediatrician

|