Q. How to avoid chickenpox scar?

Dr. Rakesh Kumar Bahunuthula

I am a 34 year old female. It started with two days of fever and body pain. I developed blisters and spots. My doctor diagnosed it as chickenpox. I have a few red spots and blisters on my face. I am taking Acivir 400 DT thrice, Azithromycin once daily and Cetirizine 10. I am also applying Lactocalamine on the spots. I want to ask how to avoid chickenpox scar and how to know if a scar is forming. On looking at the pictures, do you think these will scar? I am also taking 2000 mg of vitamin C daily.

#

Chickenpox or varicella is a viral infection and if not treated correctly leads to complications. From your clinical image (attachment removed to protect patient identity), the diagnosis looks to be so.

There are some necessary precautions that you need to take so that the lesions do not scar.

You need to take a bath daily and not follow the old rules of no bathing during infection. Regular bath maintains cleanliness and prevents secondary bacterial infection.

Wear clean cotton clothes for the next one week.

The dose of Aciclovir you are taking is insufficient. Kindly consult your treating doctor regarding the dosage.

Continue applying Calamine lotion. Once the lesions heal, that is after 10 days, I suggest you use Scarend gel (Allantoin) for the lesions over the face.

I suggest the following treatment. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

1. Tablet Acivir 800 mg five times per day (Acyclovir) or tablet Valtoval 1 g (Valacyclovir) three times daily for a week

For further information consult a dermatologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|