Malnutrition

Why did my 12 years old grafted unhealing leg wound open up?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 12 years back, my unhealing leg wound was cured by multiple skin grafting. Now, after 12 years the wound opened up. Reason is unknown. Is it varicose? I have attached the latest snaps.  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Wound dehiscence occurs when surgical wound closures reopen instead of proper healing. Reasons or people who are at high risk for wound dehiscence are as follows: Patients with a weak immune system or those people who are malnourished. It can also be due to underlying chr...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for front thigh pain in a 12-year-old boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My 12-year-old son has been complaining about pain on his front thigh (quadriceps) on both legs since he was 3 years old. It happens to him after playing and doing activities like sports and after school. It happens to him at least once a week and it lasts between 12 - 72 hours. Somet...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you are describing are signs of malnutrition. There is probably some deficit in protein intake for this child. I would suggest a high protein diet along with some iron supplements for this child. Another rarest of rare possibility can be myasthenia gra...  Read Full »

Why do I have a sensation of water drops on my skin?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been getting a cold drop of water sensation all over my body. It is more noticeable on the legs. I often go to clean the water, but there is nothing there. It only gets triggered when clothes touch it. I also have muscle twitching all over the body and a muscle tension on my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pritam Mohapatra

Naturopathy Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I appreciate you seeking help. Well, it is apparently a neurological problem that is most likely stemming out of an improper diet and lifestyle issues. I would recommend the following: Eat a healthy, balanced and anti-inflammatory diet, preferably Mediterranean cuisine...  Read Full »

What are the possible reasons for head reeling?

Query: Hello doctor, My grandmother is 98 years old. Of late, she is complaining of head reeling often. She does not have high blood pressure or diabetes and her haemoglobin is normal. She has roti in the morning, rice and dal for lunch and roti for dinner. Her bowel movements are normal. What may be the ...  Read Full »

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is good to see your concern about your grandmother. But one thing you have to keep in mind always is that she belongs to a very fragile age group. Just like the young ones, old people also need special care. A most common condition in this age group is malnutriti...  Read Full »

What could cause recurrent fever and body pain in a 13 year old?

Query: Hi doctor,My son is 13 years old and his weight is 46 kg. His WBC is 6000, lymphocyte is around 50% (checked thrice in the last two years), Hb is 11 g% and HbE trait. His overall health is fine, but he is getting recurrent fever attack of around four to five times in a year with severe body pain. P...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query, my opinion is as follows: HbE trait with 11 g% hemoglobin is good and well maintained. His white blood cell count is normal and lymphocytes are mildly increased. There is nothing to suggest any particular cause. Recurrent infection could be due to low...  Read Full »

Can body heat cause chickenpox?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter got chickenpox last year. During that time we did not take her out and applied neem leave paste. It got cured in 15 days. Now, this year also, again she got chickenpox. Now, she is 4 years old. What to do now? Why has it come again?  She ate chicken and mango the same day....  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, I would want to know if the diagnosis of chickenpox is made by you or a doctor. It is highly unlikely for anybody to get chickenpox twice and even if the person gets chickenpox twice least likely it would be once every year. Her weight 11 kg is very less for...  Read Full »

I feel like I have symptoms of low sugar. Is this due to poor nutrition?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old female. My weight is 45 kg and my height is 157 cm. I feel like I have low pressure and low sugar. My symptoms are headaches and light dizziness, feeling very tense, light hand shake, lack of balance, slightly unclear vision. But, when I eat sugars or salts, I feel b...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Your problem is, you are not taking proper food, what is known as a balanced diet. That has caused malnutrition which is evident from your BMI of 18. A balanced diet should have carbohydrates, fats as well as protein in an appropriate amount....  Read Full »

Why do I always feel lazy and have muscle pains?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 21 years old, who weighs 50 kg, and I am 5.10 feet tall. I feel lazy all the time. I always have a headache and pain in the muscles of the shoulder and neck. Sometimes, my joints also pain.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your main problem is you are malnourished, and your (BMI) body mass index is low. Because of weak muscles, you are getting cervical pain and joint pains. I would suggest you try the following: Take a healthy protein-rich diet that is, possibly 4 to 6 eggs...  Read Full »

My son has been having severe vomiting since 1 year of age. How to treat this?

Query: Hi doctor, My son is 5 years old. He has been having severe vomiting after meals since he was an infant. At about 1 year of age, the vomiting slowed to about three times a week, which is how frequent he vomits now. He is in the third percentile for height 39 inches at 5 years and weighs 27 lbs. He h...  Read Full »

Dr. Veerabhadrudu Kuncham

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is very sad to see your child in such a situation. I understand that your child is chronically malnourished. Vomiting since such a long duration needs thorough evaluation. You can go for imaging (CT or MRI scan) of the abdomen and endoscopy with or without biopsy of u...  Read Full »

How to improve my serum iron level?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old female. I have been experiencing a rigorous hair fall. I am also feeling tired and dizzy. My skin and hair has become very rough and dry. Also the blood loss during periods is excessive. I got my blood tests done six months back and my serum iron was 36. My doctor had ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakash H Muddegowda

Geriatrician, Hematologist, Pathologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Based on your query and reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), my opinion is as follows: Serum iron has improved and is almost near normal. The body is using up iron to prepare RBC (red blood cell) and in other activities. Hence, improvement of serum i...  Read Full »